OTish, miele vacs

Anyone noticed that the price of miele vacs has dropped through the floor?

You can by one for double that not long ago.

I bought an S4 yesterday and they still appear to be well made.

Reply to
dennis

Selling-off the models that are "too powerful" for the EU before the ban hits? I might be tempted to stash one away as a spare ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

The S4 looks like it's been EOL'd it no longer exists on their website, the ban hits in September.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I bet you will be able to buy ruggedised 'industrial' vacuums at 3Kw...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Miele seem to have lost all the cylinder vacs that had control buttons on the handle - which is a killer feature as far as I am concerned.

Why...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Coincidentally swmbo got an S2111 yesterday to keep stashed upstairs. Save her the bother of carrying the existing one up and down the stairs.

On special offer @ EURO 129

She was delighted

Reply to
fred

How can a vacuum be too powerful? after all if you run a rotating brush off the suck, the suck is lower afterwards is it not, if you make them too puny you end up with no brush rotation. What has the EU to do with cleaning up muck? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Are there going to be vacuum cleaner police? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

First they came for the lightbulbs, but I did not say anything...

Then they came for the hoovers...

Reply to
Tim Watts

:-)

Though may be :-(

Avpx

Reply to
The Nomad

In a month's time simply by being rated more than 1600W Watts (Can't remember when we discussed this before if that's electrical Watts, or air Watts) then in three years time the limit drops to 900 Watts.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Numatic seem to have just replaced the good ol' builder's-favourite 1200w Henries with 580w, yet claim the cleaning is just as good.

Reply to
Adrian

What an utterly and stupidly pointless regulation.

Reply to
Tim Watts

You should keep quite in case they decide to cut down on the Tim Watts next.

Reply to
dennis

They are already doing that...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Puts an end to manufacturers putting in a slightly bigger motor in order to show bigger numbers on the shop floor. Means they have to design more efficiently instead. This is a good thing.

Reply to
Clive George

*ding*

I once used some some off-brand flavour of vac that proudly boasted

2000w. I think it used most of 'em to make noise, because it certainly didn't use 'em to suck anything off the floor. I SAID...
Reply to
Adrian

How many kWh per year will this save a household?

Reply to
Andy Burns

... so I bought a Henry and still did not say anything...

Reply to
Johny B Good

Yep. Wait till we only have 500W kettles and some sodding engineer points out that it takes more electricity (because of extra heat loss during the heating period) to heat a low wattage kettle up to boiling than a high wattage one.

And gets called a climate change denier...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher