OT Women? Who was complaining about them earlier.

I came in from work tonight to find that all the cardboard boxes (mostly for cat food or beer) that I have saved for the last 8 weeks have been crushed and put into the green bin.

I was going to sort my plumbing kit out this weekend and put all the different bends, Tees etc into different boxes.

Bloody women.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That would be me. Did you tell her that you wanted to keep them?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Just think of the sorting time she's saved you. You can now do something fun this weekend instead :-)

Reply to
Clive George

She might not let you now, if you've complained too much

Reply to
newshound

No. But as they were nicely stacked up in a corner I would have thought that it was obvious that they were not for the bin.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

But what could be more fun than sorting out all those plumbing fittings?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Maybe there're some nice tupperware boxes in the kitchen you could commandeer instead?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Read that again, especially the 'obvious' part. Things which are obvious to us are sometimes far from obvious to the lumpy ones.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Women have a strange interpretation of obvious.

"It's obvious it needs cleaned/painted/washed/scrubbed/vacuumed/thrown out/polished/etc.", they cry, when it looks perfectly OK to me.

Similarly "I obviously need new shoes/boots/coats/skirts/blouses/dresses/the contents of the entire Boden catalogue", when it's perfectly obvious that they already have enough apparel to clothe the entire population of China.

Reply to
Halmyre

Have you ever noticed that although the house usually looks clean to us, when they've had a good go at it it does look kind of 'brighter'? They've got a point but I'm not at all sure what it is. If I don't notice the dirt until it's gone is it actually worth removing it, or by doing so are they setting themselves a standard by which they will be judged in the future?

Funny things, wimmin, always moaning about the dust on the floor of the cave then moaning about the thing we invent to remove it.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

More like some old Tupperware or some nice Lock & Lock! ;-)

Reply to
Dave Osborne

The 'inhabitants of bumpy jumpers' - as Lino Expert once said.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I suppose it could be worse. I once took one to a ballet. At the interval she said "There not as much singing as I thought there would be"

Reply to
ARWadsworth

SWMBO seems to operate on the principle of "It isn't mine and I don't know what it's for, so I'll throw it away".

Putting things in the loft or the garage is done by placing them in the route to the back of said area and blocking access to other things.

She is good at using the lawnmower, though, even if she can't move the height adjustment lever.

How about: "Isn't it funny how it's always sunny above the clouds". And she (not SWMBO) wasn't even blonde.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

jgharston

My wife decided to tidy up my little office area. She took the staples out of the box and broke them up so as to be able to put them in a small cylindrical tablet container!!!! Robbie

Reply to
Roberts

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

"If they didn't have fannies, we'd throw rocks at them." UKRM passim.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

But the quality of the music makes up for that :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I took the girlfriend to see Lord of the Dance on Saturday night. I say that they (ie Flatley and co) need to go a long way to match the quality of dancing that is done by a ballet dancer.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Always moaning - correct.

Reply to