OT; Wireless Tablet

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org...

I have two of the Logitech ones, one serial and one USB. They work quite well as long as you keep the LED windows and ball clean, the bearings don't matter. I don't use either now, just a tablet or the touch pad.

Reply to
dennis

I've got used to a 3 button type where the centre is a double click. The result is I now seem to have lost the ability to double click fast enough, which is kind of embarrassing when you're on friends' computers. Perhaps the trackball button does this? That extra click has always seemed an unnecessary waste of time to me.

Wow! I have to scrape the bearings on mine with a toothpick. Static charge I guess. I blame the cat

Reply to
stuart noble
8<

Its you! All that mess is from your hands. It doesn't have much effect on optical mice and track balls.

Reply to
dennis

My trackball pre-dated the optical era by a couple of years - I still had to scrape the rollers occasionally :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson