(OT) Wireless connection veeerrryyy slow... (longish)

I never checked the speed for the reasons you described, and only started to investigate when:

- I noticed that I could not stream Sky Go and iPlayer to the tablet fast enough when too far away from the router (kept on buffering); and

- had some problems when video Skype-ing.

I'll be more than happy if I could get my BB speed on wifi anywhere around the house - around 14Mbps, but I am currently getting only 2Mbps...

Reply to
JoeJoe

The main situation where I need to do that is to put videos into a phone or tablet after its been downloaded using the desktop.

The other obvious use is with modern smartphones and tablets that are very decent video cameras now.

I normally do that using USB because it?s a lot faster than wifi.

It seems to me that there must be limited

Sure, but its still useful to do that quickly if you do it often.

Reply to
john james

That I can sympathise with... I was just wondering why spending the effort trying to get hundreds of megs, when perhaps focusing on range / coverage would be the way to go.

Reply to
John Rumm