OT Windows 10

For the benefit of those who care, a link to a google translation of an article on the the Czech site

Analysis of Windows 10: In its principle goes for a mere terminal to collect information about the user's fingers, eyes and voice!

I won't be installing Windows 10

Reply to
Richard

Its no different to apple and android, they send voice, etc. to central servers to be processed as there isn't enough RAM on most systems to do stuff like untrained voice recognition. You can tell them not to use this data but the stuff like cortana won't work if you do.

Reply to
dennis

But the point being claimed is that even if you turn off stuff like cortana, Win10 still sends microphone, camera, keyboard data back home, I'll wait for a little more detail on what's being claimed, but can see me going back to Linux desktop if true ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

The article didn't claim that, do you have any evidence that they do?

Reply to
dennis

The Czech article *does* claim that

I said "claimed" rather than "stated", be because I examined the most frequently written files and wiresharked some of the connections back to base on my Win10 box, it wasn't clear whether or not it's correct ... the article is coming in for some discrediting, even though he states it was the RTM version, people are questioning whether it was really the preview.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Frightening!

I must go Linux and suffer the losses until the enlightenment begins.

Reply to
RayL12