OT: Who still prints 35mm photos?

Used one of these on holiday:

It is disposable.

Now looking to have the photos printed.

Haven't done this for years... Any idea where? High street preferred if not ridiculously expensive.

Reply to
JoeJoe

I think Snappy Snaps still do. On most high streets I think.

Andrew May

Your local Boots *might* have a photo mini-lab still in it, but they are slowly disappering. Other than that, there are still plenty of send-it-off dev labs.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The larger supermarkets may still have a machine. Though TBH I'd think I'd prefer to send it off to one of the bigger firms as they ought to have the throughput to keep the chemicals fresh. A supermarket or High Street shop may not have much throughput these days and wring the last bit out of the chemicals before (expensively) replacing them.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There's a local photographic dealer near me who not only has a 35mm minilab, but he can also cope with 120 rollfilm.

I live in the Potteries, but there are still a few proper camera shops dotted round the country.

Reply to
John Williamson

that'll be the ones that Jessops didn't snap up (pun not intended!)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I see Jessops are re-opening some branches.

Reply to
John Williamson

I've seen large ADSA stores with film processors in the last year or so

Failing that

Never ever trust Max Spielmann

A bunch of lying incompetent cheating shysters who apparently derive pleasure by losing films shot by pensioners on their last ever holidays.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Try

who seem to have lotsa branches.

My local Sainsbury's fairly recently revamped/expnded their store and has a "Photoshop" department that does proper chemical processes.

We also have an independent "camera shop" which does that sort of thing.

In fact, doesn't Jesse Boot still do processing? .

Reply to
Frank Erskine

think my newmarket lab still does that if you are in west suffolk east cambs area.

Failing that they can scan it at high res and use their digital photo printer!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On 29/07/2013 23:02, The Other Mike wrote: ...

A trick I was taught in the 1960s was to make the first frame a picture of a sheet showing your name, address and telephone number. Films going missing is not a new phenomenon.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Used to do that with my glass plates... :-)

Reply to
polygonum

The "name" was rescued by Peter Jones.

Only a few stores will reopen

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I had one done over the counter at Boots about 6 months ago; can't remember the price but did do a bit of research first and they were best value I found IIRC. They just developed the film and provided a CD (ie no prints, althought they would have done if required).

David

Reply to
Lobster

Maybe not, as they use the same processor for both digital and film prints, so throughput will be roughly the same for the last 5 years.

I used to service these machines, and they were kept in very good condition generally, any deterioration of the chemicals showed in the print instantly, it is not a case of the chemicals being changed once a month or so, they are constantly being replenished, so the chemical should be at the same quality level for 6 months, when it becomes necessary to change all the internal rollers, as they get coated with black tar like substance, and if not changed, they put black tar marks on the prints. Again, it is instant that you see if you have this problem, so the operator would stop the processor, make a call to the service team, who would be there the next day to change the roller set.

Reply to
A.Lee

Er . . as far as I know,they only process *digital* photos - which you have to upload to their website.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Bugger. Just realised the last time I used them for film was in 2009

Reply to
The Other Mike

Did a disposable camera for my son last year at the local Costco. If you can blag a membership their on-line service for digital prints is also really good and far cheaper than printing them out.

it's pennies for a 6" print

Pete@

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Spoke to my local Snappy Snaps and they sill do them, so I'll pay them a visit tomorrow.

Thanks all for your advice.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Did that with my Dive Canmera ... still not come back though, last seen heading down on Shark & Jolanda Reef in Sharm el Sheikh.

Reply to
Rick Hughes