OT - who lives in Kent?

The Romans are returning, Mr Streeter!!!

Opps, no it's the Frogs.

Taittinger will become the first French champagne company to produce bubbly in the UK after buying farmland in Kent. The company has teamed up with British wine firm Hatch Mansfield and private investors to purchase 69 hectares of farmland at Stone Stile Farm in Kent, south east England, in the £4m investment plan. Forty hectares of this will be planted with Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier vines to produce sparkling wine.

Look like we'll have to blame climate change.

Reply to
Jonno

This was on a World Service programme the other day. Apparently though the success is not assured due to our i unpredictable climate. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Yes, about five miles from where I live.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Brian-Gaff scribbled

Not that unpredictable, they've been making wine in Sussex for years.

Reply to
Jonno

Grapes will grow up to about Yorkshire, but the quality is marginal most years

Of course this year has been rubbish, giving the lie to the 'warmest year on record*' claims.

*Immediately behind a jet engine at Heathrow, at least.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher scribbled

More wind, piss, bollocks and sour grapes from you.

Whereas the truth is far different -

Massive grape harvest in Essex UK part 3 . 6th October 2015.

and

Most of the hot air is coming from you.

Reply to
Jonno