OT: Which tumble dryer

I'm after a new tumble dryer. I'd like one that can take a 6kg load (as I'm getting a washing machine with a 6kg load). I presume a vented one is more economical than a condenser, but the latter would be easier to install (do condensers pump out the water or do they have to be emptied by hand?). One with a delay timer would be handy.

Any recommendations?

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Extremely happy with our Miele condensor, bought just over a year ago. This one pumps out the water, so no emptying required.

Reply to
Grunff

Also worth considering a gas tumble dryer for lower running costs. White Knight are the only make on the market. Have a look at the BG447. Its about =A3265 from some internet sites.

an average washing load in 30 mins. The BG447 4.7kw rated. There is a lower spec BG437 but its only =A320 cheaper.

Since these units aren't room sealed, you need a permanent air vent to an outside wall. You also need a corgi bod with LAU1 ticket to install/commission.

Reply to
Martyn Pollard

We just bought another Bosch condenser to replace the worn out Bosch condenser we had....fantastic bits of kit £350 - and pumps out or fills the "powder drawer" depending on whether the little pipe at the back is connected or not.

Cheers dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Yes, we've got one of those - very happy with it. Will never buy another vented drier again.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews