[OT] which music device in car??

theyve still got some in my local aldi, they play CDs onto which you can pre-record hundreds of MP3s as well

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

In message , Skipweasel writes

If it's playing from memory stick/card or if you are using an ipod/iphone with a head unit that has an ipod specific interface and can control the player, then yes they will.

but if you are playing back from a 'generic' MP3 player plugged in via the AUX or then there isn't a way for it to control the player (which will be the OP's situation by the sound of it unless they buy anew head unit).

Reply to
chris French

Trouble is there's no obvious USB port available on my Sound system. Don

Reply to
Donwill

FWIW my Sony radio/CD, with USB port, cost about 90 quid from Halfords. How much would spend on an mp3 player?

I had an 8GB data stick lying around, which at a rough calculation would play solidly for a week if stuffed with mp3s.

Display of track and artist is dependent on your mp3s having the appropriate ID3 tags in them, which depends on how they were ripped.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Gave up. Went back to cassettes. Less fiddly to change than other things ;-)

Reply to
Adrian C

But all cassettes eventually end up flung out of the window after disgorging their innards into the player.

There is also the Gaiman-Pratchett theory that all cassettes, if kept long enough in a car glove-box, turn into copies of "Queen's Greatest Hits".

-- Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre