OT Which dishwasher brand?

Our Indesit Dishwasher has packed up so we are on the lookout for a new one. With all the aquisitions a mergers over the years I have no idea what is a good brand these days. So any recommendations? I was thinking of a basic machine around the £250 mark.

TIA

HLAH

One of the Bosch Classixx machines.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:08:42 +0100, HLAH wrote (in article ):

Up your budget and buy a Miele. the lifetime cost will be substantially less than a succession of entry level machines.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I have Bosch washing machines and dishwashers (one Logix one Classix) and in both cases they are excellent. Agree with comment about entry level machines but I have had one or two top of range German appliances which were not all that good.

Reply to
Newshound

AEG F40660 was a recent Which bestbuy, IIRC

Reply to
Steve Walker

You might want to consider the "Kid" brand. I have one, about 4 years old now, and really getting quite good at doing the washing. Tend to avoid sharp things, but other than that, it understands the concept of elbow grease and getting things clean. And all it costs me is a pack of sweets each week, though I'm sure inflationary pressures will soon kick in, especially when Kid merges with Adolesence in the coming years.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Cornish

Could this be "the wonder appliance of the future" described in 1960s sci-fi programmes - washes dishes, cleans chimneys, unblocks drains, feeds cables through tight spaces ...

Is that an accurate estimate of the TCO or do you not give it clothes and a kennel to sleep in?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 22:48:38 +0100, Ian Cornish wrote (in article ):

make the most of that phase, Ian.

She'll never know so much ever again.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I presume you mean She as in the traditional SWMBO ? Unfortunately, she left us some time ago. Hence, my use of child labor whilst I can get away with it!

Reply to
Ian Cornish

Don't know about you but I've had all sorts of problems with the wheels on the lower basket of my Classixx dishwasher. The wheels that the basket run on fall off regularly. Then the basket skews sideways and falls on the floor.

Having said that, once the dirty dishes are actually in the machine it does a fantastic job!

Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:10:28 +0100, Ian Cornish wrote (in article ):

No I meant teenagers...

Reply to
Andy Hall

"Ian Cornish" wrote

I expect you will find reliability to fall off sharply after about the 11th year of ownership :-)

HLAH

Cheers all I have ordered a Bosch Clasixx model.

HLAH