OT Where to park?

at 7, I took the bus to school - with quite along walk to the stop. At 10, I was allowed to us the tram (much nearer), which involved a change.

Reply to
charles

I lived in London, so we had a few busy roads in the area.

That is probably more about peer pressure. Anyone who does not pamper their children that way is seen by others as being a bad parent.

:-) Much too sophisticated. My parents simply told me and expected me to obey.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

There are many reasons for blue badges which might not be at all detectable by simply watching someone get out of their car. Of course, the number of reasons does not necessarily mean vast hordes of people who may be entitled - many of them are extremely rare. (Abuse of blue badges, however, severely undermines what is of great benefit to those who really need them.)

Reply to
polygonum

If the car is a pale colour a note written on it in indelible marker is one solution.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Dreadful confession. When we were kids we got some 4" nails out of my dad's shed and propped them sharp end uppermost under the tyres of a teacher who had caned the whole class because some kids wouldn't stop talking. I don't remember what happened.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I remember that punishment policy vividly. If I was in the foundry business I would strike you a medal.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

And I'd add the Bar.

Reply to
dave

Yes but horses and carts don't go anything like as fast as motor cars.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

We were supposed to use our own school bus but sometimes we used to blag a ride on the 'nutter bus' which was really only for special school pupils.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

In late Victorian London, the average speed of traffic was 10 mph. In

2008, the average speed of traffic in central London was 10 mph.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

On Sunday 20 October 2013 15:57 Nightjar wrote in uk.d-i-y:

And the stopping distance was rubbish.

Reply to
Tim Watts

However, there were far fewer vehicles on London's roads in Victorian times.

(Recent question on QI)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman