OT Washing machine test

(Link tested using

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

See also the various Harlem Shake washing machine editions ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Fun!

It does look to me though as if he fed power straight into the motor for it to keep going that long.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Yes. If it had failed in some other way, it might have lobbed that large chuck of metal through one of the car windscreens behind (which is what I started off guessing was going to happen).

Beware if you're thinking of imitating this that some washing machine motors without their speed control and without load (e.g. if belt comes off) will spin fast enough for the armature to disintegrate, explosively. (Something that folks who try reusing washing machine motors need to be aware of.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel