OT: Wanted supplier of draw slide mechanism

Sorry this is probably off topic but hey it's DIY (just not DIY re utilities which is the main topic of discussion here!).

I'm after a UK supplier of items similar to :

's for a sliding shelf I'd like to complete a computer unit. I don't know of any cabinet suppliers (in the UK) willing to provide just one pair of these. I've been round the DIY stores and only B&Q came close - they had something of very good construction quality but it was too long. I'm after something with a length of around 10".

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Reckless

Not sure whether the above is tongue-in-cheek or not, but no, you're not OT!

Also, or if not, try googling the archives of this newsgroup: this topic was dealt with succesfully a couple of months ago.

David

Reply to
Lobster

If you don't get anywhere, you can cut down to length the steel type meant for kitchen drawers that B&Q etc sell. Make up small wood blocks to act as the inner stop. You'd obviously have to drill and countersink new fixing holes as well, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

here. Annie

Reply to
GrAnnie

Try this

have used them for exactly these ones 249mm long. Although I bought three pairs. There is a £2.00 delivery charge for small orders, but a damn sight cheaper than importing 30,000 pairs I'll bet!!

If the link doesn't work go to

and search for part number BR225.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Very useful if you're a furniture manufacturer, but probably not otherwise.

Reply to
Rob Morley

> I have used them for exactly these ones 249mm long. Although I bought three

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be able to complete my project!

Reply to
Reckless

Our local B and Q sells them - approx £2 to about £6 depending on standard or self closing - approx 10 different lengths

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

order up a components direct fastenings catalogue,

have the full range of accuride ball bearing slides.

min order ? 1, even for a non furniture manufacturer (whateverthatmeans)

hth

RT

Reply to
[news]

them.

When I repaired some kitchen drawers a couple of years ago - I bought the runners from Screwfix.

Reply to
Rick Hughes