OT. Wahoo - I'm a Fair Trader!

[snip]

The answer to that was given in another post.

Perhaps you should try reading the thread beore you start bleating?

I have made no such assertion. Perhaps you would care to give the Message ID in which I made such a statement, or rather the one in which you think I made such a statement?

You are if you are going to resort to making up statements that I have never uttered.

No, you had the effrontery to start demanding that I "back up" my opinion about Dave's attempts to promote his business via this newsgroup, while responding to my posts with "Nonsense."

And yet you have not done so.

Beleive what you like, all you have done is to show what a prima donna you are.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You seem to be appointing yourself as judge and jury on this 'stealth advertising' charge. The consensus of those in the group who've expressed an opinion seems to be that it isn't. Like the emperor's nose that doesn't establish fact but it does put the onus on you to either persuade a substantial body of people to agree with you or accept that it's only your opinion rather than stating it as an established fact.

Reply to
John Stumbles

If Steve F suffers or has suffered from mental health problems then that's an extremely spiteful thing to say about him.

Whether or not Steve does, it's a spiteful thing to say about the millions of people who do or have.

Reply to
John Stumbles

I find Dave's posts quite interesting, as I did yours about olive farming a while back.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

It's a fact - no one else promotes their business here as he does. I can see the "mateship" thing is more important to some that that we each behave ourselves.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Please do, that way we'll all know who to avoid.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Steve. You still haven't made it clear why you think I would want too promote my business to people who don't need my services & live too far away for me to provide them?

My target market are people who are unable & unwilling to do DIY. Or they lack the time, knowledge or equipment. Not the profile of the average member here is it?

I only operate in a very small area in mid Kent. Why would I want to promote my business nationally?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The message from John Stumbles contains these words:

Steve is in my killfile. Dave isn't (as yet). :-)

Reply to
Roger

Thanks Roger - I think :-(

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I didn't mean it Geoff - I lied to annoy Firth. Of course Father Christmas & the Tooth Fairy are real - so is the Easter Bunny.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Are you claiming that increasing the hit rate on your website is of no use to you?

Reply to
Steve Firth

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

... breathes sigh of relief

Reply to
geoff

And what about the vicar's imaginary friend?

Reply to
John Stumbles

The number of posts from TMH (or anybody else for that matter) is a fact. Whether they're promoting his business is a a matter of opinion. As far as I can see you're the only poster on the subject who holds that opinion.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Imaginary? I don't know what you mean.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well, from a purely gut feeling point of view, daves posts seem to fall into 4 categories

1) asking how to do something correctly

which anyone can do who posts here

2) whining about someone ripping him off

well ... you get used to it

3) useful advice

self explanatory, but includes experience gained having gained useful advice from others here and put into practice

4) banter

as the rest of us do

While it might be said that he crosses the line, so do I, as I will advertise my website in a post when I think it's appropriate. At the end of the day, it comes down to going with the flow

very different to commercial posting from those having made no useful contribution

The line is fuzzy, but this is effectively a social group and drawing that line comes down to what those who regularly post here deem acceptable

Reply to
geoff

I'd be more concerned for the choirboys ...

Reply to
geoff

But what about the October Half-Term Weasel?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

... so last (but one) month

Reply to
geoff

And what would that be? Your expert consultancy on wood preservation?

Steve "The Great Expert On Everything" Firth

Reply to
Andy Dingley