OT: Vw "restoration"

You might be right, but the other day I was talking to people who know from the inside, and they said that a particular motor trader had done

*very* well in the last month. Seems there is a shortage of decent, fairly new, used cars - such as rental, loan, lease vehicles. So their auction prices were very healthy. (I thought they said 'best ever month', but that could be faulty memory.)
Reply to
Rod

Could be many people are 'downsizing' to cut insurance and fuel bills.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It depends upon what you consider unnecessary - stereos help pass the time on long journeys, relieving boredom and helping the driver to stay alert; Electric windows are useful for me, it means I can operate them from the driver's seat if I want to ask someone directions and more importantly, I can turn them off to prevent the kids opening them; Air-con is also very useful to me, as due to a health condition, I cannot stand being too warm (I come out in a rash and itch uncontrollably) - the air-con keeps me cool and as most of my mileage is motorway mileage, it saves fuel over having the windows open instead (at motorway speed the drag of open windows apparently wastes more engine power than using the air-con).

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I think the guvmints reasoning behind this is that the manufacturers already have lots of unsold cars sitting outside their factories. By offering people £2k to scrap their old cars and buy newer ones they'll be creating cash flow for the manufacturers without the environmental impact of actually making any more cars, and the replacement cars should be less polluting than the old ones they replace.

Whether what happens in practice actually matches the theory might be a different matter.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

The way you wrote that sure made me smile lol.

Reply to
David

Thanks for your help everyone.

Reply to
David

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "

" saying something like:

#Blue, blue, electric blue. That's the colour of my room

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Where I will live Blue, blue

Pale blinds drawn all day Nothing to do, nothing to say Blue, blue

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk