OT: Virgin media

I'm one the El Cheapo VM cable BB package. Just set a 340Mb torrent to download, and it completed in 5 minutes, touching a peak of 1.1 MB/s

wow !

Reply to
Jethro

In article , Jethro scribeth thus

Yes.. We've had that here for years now;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Naughty boy.

Reply to
stuart noble

340Mb in 5 minutes is around 140kB/s

Not very impressive at all :(

Of course if it was 340MB... :)

Reply to
Peter Watson

Why is it naughty? Not all torrents are illegal downloads. Many Linux or game distro's, along with some TV programmes such as Tim Hunkin's "Secret Life of......." series are freely available to download via torrents.

Reply to
Brian

Wow, they are slow these days. They were quicker when I used them.

Be warned that they will throttle your connection to almost zero if you do that sort of thing during peak hours.

I now use SKY and torrents frequently exceed 1.7MB/s and the package is cheaper than Virgin for me. The Sky anytime+ programs download at about 1.8MB/s at all times that I have tried it.

Reply to
dennis

In article , dennis@home scribeth thus

Course if your not -that far- from an exchange...

Reply to
tony sayer

don' care ... I have a 24/7 server n a cupboard (relocated from the loft following the sage advice of this very group) ... just set it running, and when it's done it's done.

Reply to
Jethro