OT (very) Mushroom Identification

Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite German discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

Reply to
Rod

Marzipan?

Reply to
S Viemeister

Have a plow through this site .

NOSPAMnet

Agaricus Pikeyabilis?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Closed Cap Button?

Old?

Baby?

Wee Ones?

Nah, I give in. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

Nah, obviously lidl baby-waby mushrooms :o)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Mutant mushrooms.

Reply to
Bruce

Don't you mean mushwooms ? :-)

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

If they are in fact mushrooms, they are bo]g standard agarics. Just very newly picked.

I think the normal cultivar is agaricus bitorquis, or agaricus bisporus but I am not sure.

The Natural Philosopher

Our youngest used to call them Murshooms. :-) That and bicksits. lol

Reply to
BigWallop

there, I do agree.

Reply to
Rod

Forgot to mention the bag they came in, Favorina Iced Gingerbread Selection. Or I'd call them Lebkuchen. :-)

Reply to
Rod

Ahhhhh????? Iced Gingerbread with mushrooms in? So they are sweets mimicking mushrooms, not real mushrooms at all?

You posed us a trick question. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

Indeed I did! Made me laugh when I found them - especially as a regular mushroom snapper.

They are actually quite nice - but the ones I have made myself are much spicier and a bit stickier. Mmmmm.

Reply to
Rod

Mmmmmmm!!!! Lebkuchen !!! I love the stuff. With a bit of liqourice stick and a gingerbread finger. God, that brings back memories. :-)

Cheeky bugger. lol

Reply to
BigWallop

You're such a fungi :-)