OT: VE day warplanes

In article , Ian Stirling writes

Not an Airbus, then?

Reply to
Marshall Rice

Yep - anybody playing soccer on my land is likely to regret it. Even made a photographer illegally taking photos on it (he'd strayed well off the public path) destroy the film recently.

But helicopters and low flying aircraft get away with anything they want. Anybody got a spare SAM ?

Reply to
Mike

An interesting (and potentially worrying) statement. I think I'll have my solicitor look at this one as we do make regular complaints about pilots to the local ATC and not one has come back with this.

Reply to
Mike

I'm of the opinion that we should never have left the seas in the first place....

Reply to
Fat Sam

Probably not. But anybody racing or performing stunts on the public highway is supposed to lose their licence.

Private land owned by the pilot or with the permission of the landowner.

Reply to
Mike

Are your livestock classified?

Reply to
Fat Sam

Most famers in overflown areas will lose 5-10 lambs - £250 to £500. Adds up to a lot and until now RAF and USAF have got away with "national interest" nonsense. As I said, it's time for them to stop.

Reply to
Mike

I'd be in agreement with you on this one Mike....I was definitely under the impression that there were lower limits to the height an aircraft is allowed to fly at....

Reply to
Fat Sam

regulations,

And that differed from 2000 thru 2004 in what way ? :-)

Reply to
Mike

Of course not, ask the lads in the Blues & Royals.

Reply to
Brimstone

Whats the alternative?....Train at high altitude, and pretend the tops of the clouds are the ground?....

Having said that, looking back on the most recent conflicts, Kosovo, Iraq, Kuwait, Bosnia etc....Low, fast, tactical flying, using the natural contours of the land for protection from radar is very much a thing of the past....Most bombing and recce sorties tend to go in at a few thousand feet....And CAPs take place at a much higher altitude....

Reply to
Fat Sam

It isn't possible to "take photos illegally" although I accept he shouldn't have been off the path.

Reply to
Brimstone

It's only the Americans that "don't do mountains".

Reply to
Brimstone

Being liable to prosecution doesn't necessarilly mean losing one's licence.

Reply to
Brimstone

Give Ebay a go:

a dummy but they won't know that. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

Errr....No, our boys go in at high level now too....Low level flying still takes place, but attacks tend to be from quite a height, and recce is by it's very nature, a thing that happens at higher altitudes....

And CAPs must take place at quite a high altitude in order for it to be effective....

Reply to
Fat Sam

No. Just don't like trespassers.

Reply to
Mike

Low level flying was to avoid Soviet radar. The SAS take out the radar of most opponents in the first day now anyway. Plus with drone craft low level flying is needed less and less. A bit of practice in the Falks should suffice. The UK is simply too overcrowded to be used for military practice anymore.

Reply to
Mike

Yes it is. Madonna proved this in court first and reminding him of this case was enough to make him destroy the film. It is illegal to photograph anything which cannot be seen from a public place.

Reply to
Mike

Get some MDF, Plywood and paint, and build a mockup....Plans are readily available on the net....

build quality doesn't need to be incredible...So long as it has the basic shape, and is roughly the right colour....

Viewed from the air it will be almost indistinguishable from the real thing, and on aeriel recce imagery, it will stand up to scrutiny under stereoscopic conditions....The only test it won't pass is thermal imaging, as the heat signature will be wrong....

It'll be enough for the RAF and UASF to impose a temporary exclusion around your land....

Admittedly, it might earn you a visit from the powers that be, but there's not a lot they can do about it...

Reply to
Fat Sam