It's heavy then?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Blech!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Does anyone get married these days?

Oh yes, some famous American woman has just had twins, they wee married under pink and white sheaths ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

:-)

Actually it's very light. I just find it makes life easier to have a cleaner nearby, especially when you need to do a quick spot of spill-vacuuming etc. Maybe I'm just lazy.

Reply to
Grunff

Indeed. I think I'd rather have the vac.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

"This attractive vacuum cleaner set, one featuring the face of Prince Charles (extra large carrying handles), and the other wet+dry cleaner a tasteful memorial of the Peoples Princess. (features extra powerful suction and carpet-cleaner mode for getting tough stains out of car uphoulstery)

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Er! No-one suggesting a Miele yet?

Reply to
John

I'd rather have some smashing seats for the ballet ... or a horse - with livery and tack thrown in ... or almost anything. Except the vac. He has one :-)

Mary in fact he has three ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I know of a chap who bought his wife a cigar case. His reasoning was that she always exchanged any gift he bought, so there did not seem to be a lot of point in going to a lot of trouble looking for something she might like. The message apparently got across.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

After 30 years, I have a routine for gifts. For birthdays, it is a long weekend trip to a city, usually foreign and preferably one we have not been to before. For Christmas, I walk past a jeweller or handbag shop with her and ask if there is anything she likes the look of. Jewellers are preferable, as buying a new handbag usually works out dearer and can take months to reach a decision. Last year I broke with tradition though and bought her a new car for Christmas.

Colin Bignell.

Reply to
nightjar

Get a wife!!

MJ

Reply to
MJ

"nightjar .uk.com>"

I once bought Spouse a Teasmade. He was ecstatic - he could have a cup of tea in the morning instead of rushing off after he'd made mine.

He still has it, 33 years later.

This year he's already had his present - a surprise one to one day course on flint knapping. If anything he was even more ecstatic!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I haven't been to the theatre in ages......

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

Was that at West Dean College, or are there other places offering the subject these days?

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Well, I get quite a few comps for the West Yorkshire Playhouse and sometimes we've had powerful experiences but it's still not classical ballet - or opera. Haven't been to that in years :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"nightjar .uk.com>" >

It was with John Lord at his house in Suffolk, he's acknowledged as the best among Those Who Know.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Ian Stirling" wrote | "This attractive vacuum cleaner set, one featuring the face of | Prince Charles (extra large carrying handles), and the other | wet+dry cleaner a tasteful memorial of the Peoples Princess. | (features extra powerful suction and carpet-cleaner mode for | getting tough stains out of car uphoulstery)

Is that the model that sucks toes as well as carpets?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"[news]" wrote | > | 'tis a nightmare trying to decide what to buy other half for xmas | > | tho. | > Walk into department store (or QVC website). Buy most expensive | > thing with "Molton Brown" or "L'Occitan" on it. Buy two more | > less expensive things for stocking fillers. Job done. | was thinking of a set of dimonique ear rings

Diamonique (tm) is QVC-speak for Cubic Zirconia. Nothing more or less.

| and a franklin mint figurine (not available in the shops)

Molton Brown and L'Occitan are available in their own shops - there's a L'Occitan shop in Edinburgh - but QVC prices are cheaper. Also if Other Half does not like Heavenly Gingerlily Bath Goo, with QVC you can send the half-used bottle back and get a refund.

People with whom I was staying recently commented that the bathroom always smelled nice after I'd used it (courtesy L'Occitan Eau de Contadour)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"Mary Fisher" wrote | > Walk into department store (or QVC website). Buy most expensive | > thing with "Molton Brown" or "L'Occitan" | ???? | Tell me more!

- and use search.

Owain

Reply to
Owain