OT: USENET name vs. real name

Page 4 of 4

Do a Google search for "Kibo". (Hi, James!). In the days when Usenet was small enough to allow it, he was one of a group of people who searched the entire feed for mention of his name, and popped up whenever it happened.
There was some loon who did the same with Freemasonry.

I've always found that the username speaks volumes :-)

Last night I changed my account details so that the user name was
'Hung-Like-A-Donkey' and tried to post the message 'I always found that the username speaks volumes. :-)
The bloody thing failed to post. I changed my settings back this morning and the message was still in the out box.
Oh well you can't win them all.

My "username" *is* my "real" name. Yes, it's not the one I was christened with, but it's the one everyone I know uses nonetheless.
Witchy wrote:

I think, as others have said, that it depends on the general demeanour of the poster, as well as the quality of the question/answer. Also, if one psots "anonymously" that can lead to problems, for some reason some people don't like it. If the anonymous poster is behaving badly, I can see why - if not, then I cannot see a problem!
be snipped-for-privacy@thai.com! Shop all amazing products and get our special offers!