OT: Upright freezer.

I'm looking for an upright freezer to fit in a space - must be no more than 1200 mm high. But would like larger than the usual under worktop type. I've found fridge/freezers that would fit - but already have an adequate sized fridge.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A dealer told me they didnt exist

Reply to
Tabby

Have you considered getting a chest-type freezer instead? They're better because all the cold air doesn't "fall" out each time you open the door.

They do tend to be of under-counter height, but obviously won't fit under counters because then you couldn't open the lid. But as you've got

1.2m available, that might be OK.
Reply to
Ronald Raygun

Have you tried those online shopping tools like Kelkoo, Pricerunner etc? I've found them very helpful for finding white goods when similarly dimensionally challenged, as they have those drill-down menus where you can narrow your selection by various parameters, including height

David

Reply to
Lobster

I did try Googling - but the usual happened. The first couple of pages gave results for my search but didn't have what I wanted.

So I'll give those a go, thanks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If its under counter it aint an upright is it?

or does upright not mean anything special more than a 'freezer shaped like a fridge'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Uprights, of whatever height, have 'cupboard'-type doors, as opposed to chest-type freezers, which have lids.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Oh. Fairy Nuff

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Uprights have the door on the front. Under worktop types are usually of a standard height - I'm looking for one rather larger than that. But not as wide as a chest type.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You can get chest types which are no wider than a normal upright.

Reply to
Ronald Raygun

Argos £217.37 Height 83.4 cm

Lec U5526S Silver Freezer. 473/6291

Freezer:

  • Energy efficiency rating: A. * Net frozen food storage volume 86 litres. * Star rating: 4. * Fast freeze function. * 3 storage compartments. * Reversible door.

General information:

  • Size H83.8, W54, D60cm. * Energy consumption: 201kWh per year based on standard test results for 24 hours.

adams

michael adams

Which given it's the height which is stopping me using a normal upright type sounds like the worst of both worlds.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You could put it on it's side:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Sorry, by "no wider than a normal upright" I meant no wider than standard width for uprights, be they full-height or under-counter height, i.e. about 60cm wide.

You said you could accommodate height of up to 120cm, so you could get a normal height (normal under-counter height, i.e. 80cm) chest freezer, which would leave you 40cm room into which to swing the lid. Depending on how deep it is, you could only open the lid by some 45 degrees, but that may well be enough.

But if you really want to make use of the extra 40cm height to increase your storage volume, that's different.

Reply to
Ronald Raygun