OT: Unorthodox cat keeping

fed up with cat shit.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I suspect that she will soon be fed up of all the shit she gets now that she has been named.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Now she gets police protection

Toby

I hope that she sues whomever posted the video. Its illegal to post a video that defames a person and that does.

Reply to
dennis

is being guarded by PCSOs.

Here's one for Grimly with PCSOs in it.

ARWadsworth

How did the people who made the CCTV recording defame the woman?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Reply to
dennis

They posted the original and then the newspapers and TV got in on the act.

TBH I cannot see anything defamatory in the video that you saw.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

class! ;>))))

nice one Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

and a few short ones

?v=OCN-WRG3e2o&feature=related

ARWadsworth

of course not, what there appears to be, is *evidence* of the woman's actions, not an unsubstantiated malicious claim of what her actions were....

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

*You* are not living in a parallel universe.....
Reply to
The Wanderer

Try looking up the word defame in a dictionary.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Somehow I knew that was Dennis before I even read the header.

So we can assume that you support the rights of cat torturers? Congratulations, you've made it to being lower than the Daily Mail.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

That woman needs her head testing and will probably claim she had a moment of madness. But she can't have had any conscience otherwise she would have gone back at night and lifted the lid and nobody would have be any wiser. It was extremely cruel given the lids fit snugly and the poor cat must have been almost asphixiated.

I haven't seen this report yet on the UK channels;

Dave Starling

I have just worked out why Dennis is so upset about the video.

The woman put the cat into the wrong coloured wheelie bin. That's enough to send anyone with special needs into a frenzy.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Why don't you?

Here is an extract as you don't appear to be able to..

"to attack the good name or reputation of, as by uttering or *publishing maliciously* or falsely anything injurious;"

Here is a quick explanation just in case its too hard for you to understand.. Just because its true doesn't mean you can't be sued for attacking the good name of an individual. That is what the video does.

The law that allows you to photograph or film someone in a public place specifically forbids using it to disrepute someone.

But you are pretty stupid so you won't understand.

Reply to
dennis

Of course not. Quite rightly (as robust access to fair courts is a cornerstone of a democratic system), you can approach the court to sue for anything you wish (although in your case, I imagine there's a good chance you've already been termed a vexatious litigant). Equally rightly, such a case should be thrown out promptly as having no merit. Truth doesn't prevent the bringing of a suit for defamation, but it's a strong defence against it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

LOL! But true...

Reply to
Bob Eager

de·fame

-verb (used with object), -famed, -fam·ing.

  1. to attack the good name or reputation of, as by uttering or publishing maliciously or falsely anything injurious; slander or libel; calumniate: The newspaper editorial defamed the politician.

Now look up the words "maliciously" and "falsely"

Reply to
ARWadsworth