OT - Toys requiring assembly.

Hi all. I've just had a very good experience assembling a toy I purchased for my daughter's birthday. Manufactured by a german company named Playmobil, It is a 'hospital' put together with wall and floor sections using lugs that are twisted to lock adjoining sections together. Gotta give the Germans a Hearty round of applause...this Playmobil stuff is a very impressive piece of engineering for such a unlikely application.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

The Germans do seem to know what they're doing with regard to engineering, even down to food packaging. Ever tried to open a cereal packet, clingfilm box, or one of those cardboard 'zips' made in the UK? Utter s**te, yet when I've opened German packaging it's always worked perfectly.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

The Germans have always been on top when it comes to engineering,at one time it used to be this country but when thatcher gov got in power the country went to the wall,its hard to find anything British made and exported.

Come to think of it...its hard to find skilled workers.

Reply to
George

I hope you're going to let your daughter play with it some time :-)

Reply to
stuart noble

As a departure from my personal real life a little 'role play' is helping me. I have appointed myself as The Playmobil Hospital General Manager and I have just laid down some company policy. Rule 1 : Back-chat from female staff is a dismissable offence.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

I hope rule 2 is that "Back-chat from male staff or those of any other gender or mix of genders is a dismissble offence" otherwise it will not be long before you are in trouble.

Reply to
Invisible Man

2 Christmases ago somone thought it would be a good idea to buy our 4yr old the playmobil castle. It took 4 adults around 3 hours to put the thing together.

As you say, brilliant engineering. Everything fitted and nothing missing.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Matron will soon sort you out :-)

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Thats 'cos over there engineering is considered a "Profession" unlike here where law, medicine, and accountancy rule;(...

Reply to
tony sayer

Speaking from my Health Dept. office ( Woolworths gazebo carboard box ) I'm closing your hospital down due to lack of use and moving its patients to a trust-built unit ( Lego and Sticklebricks ) further down the road.

Please note that parking at the new facility will be at the rate of £5 per hour for a Hotwheel and £7.50 for anything larger.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

And investment banking...

Reply to
stuart noble

Otherwise, you will take the Hospital back under the PFI agreement made in previous years, leaving the Local Primary Health Trust with no pocket money to run the services !!! Administrators Rule.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Probably a good subject for a new University Degree Course. Either that, or leave it for the kids to put together.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Worse thing was we weren't even drinking !

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

...and sun tan this and sun tan that not to mention nails'R'us and beauty parlours galore. every shopping area/street ya visit you can bet ya life there's one.

Reply to
George

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Worst are those model cars and similar that are fastened to the box with loads of wire and maybe even screwed to a base. Bought a JCB model for grandson - let him open it in the car and ended up having to pull over and get my tools out so I could detach it from its box.

Reply to
John

I know how you feel. I well remember having hours of fun with a toy called "The Big Loader". Classic toy.

Reply to
Graham.

Still available - and still sells well (albeit with a thomas slant).

remember having one as a kid and loving it - and my kids have enjoyed theirs as well!

Darren

Reply to
dmc