OT - threading in this NG

I've just updated Windows 8.1 with the latest patches.

Now nearly all the new posts in this NG seem to have lost their threading.

I'm using news.individual.net

So correlation does not imply causation, and I haven't rebooted for a while, but still this looks suspicious.

Although I can't see why Windows patches would affect Pan.

So is anyone else having problems?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

No neither can I unless there has been some kind of registry replacement that included part of the pan's registry, though why this would occur is anyones guess. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Would something line PAN (which is available as a Linux app) use the registry ?

I wonder if MS have nobbled the NNTP stack inside their libraries ? MS hate usenet (as do Google, Apple, and Facebook).

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I've been using Thunderbird and eternal-september on Windows 8.1 since it came out with absolutely no problems.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Jethro_uk put finger to keyboard:

No, Pan configuration and cache data in Windows is in C:\Users\[username] \.pan2

I've recovered from PAN refusing to start by renaming the .pan2 directory. The OP could try renaming the 'groups' and/or 'article-cache' directories as a first step.

Reply to
Scion

Weird.

This is threading O.K. and posts from a few days back are as well.

Mystery of the sea??

Reply to
David