OT The Vulcan Bomber

both links play audio & video fine for me (PC W7 64 bit) plays within Browser (Firefox) fine

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Being comprehensive doesn't mean correct.

Reply to
dennis

Another source, rather ironically, seems to have found god:

"Investigations after the incident found a creator measuring 153ft x

63ft x 20ft deep on the seabed with very little of the wreck left.."

polygonum

In message , Old Git writes

I never talk about my knowledge of such things because I signed the official secrets act - whoops I'm not supposed to tell you that.

Reply to
bert

In message , Tim Streater writes

I read in a book by Johnnie Johnson that they had embarked the RAF aircraft defending Norway. Have to wonder if they were overcrowded and unable to get air cover off the deck.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

What makes you think I said that?

Reply to
Huge

Bollocks to the camels, the bastards have to pull up to go over my house.

Doesn't happen quite so much since the local Qinetiq research airfield closed. Thankfully.

Reply to
Huge

for not a great deal more then that you could have had a ride in a ?Lightning 10 years ago, as i did.

-
Reply to
Mark

Me too. When I delivered the Christmas post as a temp when I was at college.

So did I and this info is widely available but you will notice I gave no details of the units or equipment. As I noted, I carried out the lecturing after leaving the RN and to both service personnel and civilians. I know what is acceptable.

Reply to
Old Git

That was a little better in that I could see the sample frame and start button exactly where I'd have expected it to be. However, aboslutely no response to 'pressing' the play button. :-(

I'm guessing it's a flash video format not supported by my current version of flash (version 11 afaicr) running on this win2k box. The clue came from my trying the site with IE6 and getting the Adobe Flashplayer update is required message.

By copying the title bar text:-

"Cockpit view of ultra low flying RAF jet fighter"

a google search led me to this youtube video:-

Unfortunately, it's only in 240p low resolution which reduces its impact on the senses.

Having seen it, I'm not going to worry about finding ways to install the latest flashplayer in win2k. Having just written this, it's just occurred to me to fire up the testbed install of Mint15 and check it out there.

Using the default FF browser (haven't gotten round to ditching that bit of rubbish in favour of Opera just yet), I've been able to play the video. The youtube one _is_ a low res version (240p) of this one which appears, at a guess (unable to determine the resolution settings actually used) to be SD, probably 576 x 704.

Interestingly, the version of Flash seems to be 11.xx.xx so I'm surprised I couln't get it to play in win2k (perhaps it's the java that's not up to snuff - there's a sizable chunk of java script embedded in that 'video' to make it a "Man for all seasons" affair to cover everything from smart TV playabck to smartphone playback - pity they didn't consider win2k playback).

Reply to
Johny B Good

There is always the possibility that the fighters could have been destroyed on the ground by bombs from the Vulcan bombers:-))))))

Their biggest mistake was in underestimating Mrs T. I am sure that time will tell that the Belgrano sinking was illegal and she gave the go ahead to sink it. No ships - no troups, That won the war.

Reply to
ARW

But, invading the Falklands was illegal in the first place,

Reply to
charles

IIRC the Belgrano survived Pearl Harbour...

Reply to
Bob Eager

What's wrong with it?..

I know we've had this issue re WIN2K before but do you really think that people should worry re compatibility with a system that should have been retired now a while ago?.

Even I've scrapped our Win 2 K machines with some regret but it all moves on.

Played here fine on a WIN 7 machine thanks;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

I remember someone telling me, they were at a conference or meeting where she was and she said after her advisors had been telling her if they did this it'd go that way, did the other it'd go the other way etc and in a very short space of time she said that she didn't care how they did it she just wanted it to go that way ... pointing her finger to the floor;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

You do...

Adrian

Always puts me in mind of 'Cryptonomicon'. Must read it again.

Reply to
Bob Eager

And The Baroque Cycle.

Reply to
polygonum

Just after posting that, I installed Opera 12.16 and got rid of the 'rubbish'. For once the software manager performed its duty without a hitch.

Reply to
Johny B Good