OT: The Queen

Its when she sends for Harold Macmillan you know she has really lost it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Because that's her job.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Obviously ? Says who ?

Queen Victoria, who your most "densely" populated State (aren't they all) is named after, seldom appeared in public for around 40 years after Albert died. Let alone smiled.

And yet when she died her devoted subjects lined the route of her funeral.

It was her duty. Otherwise Margaret would have been Queen.

No it isn't.

In any case the Monarchy is a tourist attraction which generates revenue.

Clearly the word "duty", and all that it implies, is alien to someone such as yourself

michael adams

michael adams

Lucky she is not the pope,she would need a team of food tasters.

Reply to
F Murtz

If TRF thought that Charles III would be an unsuitable designation for him in due course why didn't they name him George in the first place?

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Charles Philip Arthur George Windsor is his full name.

Reply to
charles

You cannot smile all the time. Maybe they need a camera on you maam device so she can do the smiling in the right places facing the right way?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

+1
Reply to
Richard

I wanted to watch it. So I watched it. The teams entering was as per normal not very interesting but the rest of it was brilliant.

And least I did not watch it just to slag it off and then pretend that I had not seen it. It's people like you that drag this country down.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

En el artículo , SteveW escribió:

Time for Brenda to fade quietly into the background and let the younger royals take on the PR. Willy and Katie seem to be doing well.

No way. Someone who talks to plants, favoured shagging old horse-face over Diana, and is famed for telling his mistress that he wanted to be her tampon?

We'd be a laughing stock if he became king.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Drag down? How much further down can we go?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

well yes

favoured shagging old horse-face

I'd go for Camilla anyday over that vicious stupid little barbie doll.

and is famed for telling his mistress that he wanted to be

*shrug*. So did JJ Cale.. or was it her underwear.

Wish I was a stocking clanging to your thigh Everytime you'd move around I'd view you walking by Wish I was your underwear hanging around your waist Everytime you'd shake that thing I'd get a little taste Closer, closer, closer to you Closer, got to get closer, closer to you If I was a pair of boots I wouldn't have to beg I'd be satisfied just being around your leg When I am dreaming it takes so many trips I'd pretend that I'm a stick to decorate your lips Closer, closer, closer to you Closer, got to get closer, closer to you If I am a necklace hanging down your front When you feel the time was right I'd notice what you want Wish I was a silk shirt draped around your back Right next to your skin tryin' to make contact Closer, closer, closer to you Closer, closer, closer to you If I had my wishes, If I had my way I'd be all the same to you, each and everyday Closer, closer, closer to you Closer, closer, closer to you

We are a laughing stock already ever since Blair became PM.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Wrong attitude. How high can we go? is the way to think.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

When one is an old bastard such as I, the rose tinted spectacles come off.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Never occurred to you there is more to life than shagging?

Obviously not.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If carrying a chip on the shoulder was an olympic event then you would be our best chance of a gold medal.

And you are not old.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No.

There are plenty of things to do other than shagging. But put these in order of preference

1 Shag Diana 2 Talk to a plant 3 Shag a plant 4 Shag Camilla 5 Talk to Camilla 6 Talk to Diana
Reply to
ARWadsworth

Camilla is a ten pinter.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No Adam no. My OP was regarding the Queen's expression. All she had to do was smile and it would not have hurt her to do that. I am not a fan of the Royal Family, but I was appalled by her behaviour. That was the only part of the Olympics I saw or intend to see.

61 November, that is not young.
Reply to
Mr Pounder

Fuck off. You are 60 or 61 (I cannot decide which from your post)

That is not old and nor is it an excuse to become a professional whinger.

Reply to
ARWadsworth