OT: The Queen

Did anybody else notice that the bloody woman had a face like busted clock on the opening ceremony? I'm not into the Queen and I'm not into the Games. But surely she could have managed a smile.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

More fool you for watching anything Olympic associated. I am not a fan of the Royal Family, but the queen has gone up in my estimation in recent weeks. I suggest you practice smiling for hours on end and see how you get on!

Reply to
Moonraker

She is 86, so it's understandable, I mean how many 86 year olds do all the walking and waving that she has to do every day, from morning til night? she was there til gone 12.30 last night and back there again this morning....everyone I know who's over the age of 80 rarely move out of their sitting rooms

Reply to
Phil L

She seems increasingly to not enjoy these celebrations to which we require her attendance. If she is not happy and willing to perform her duties, perhaps she should consider retirement, she must have saved a fortune in deferring her pension.

OTOH maybe the idea of King Charles doesn't fill her with joy. Still she was thrust into it without as much preparation as Charles has had.

In general I'm a monarchist, but ER is starting to behave in a manner liable to bring the monarchy into disrepute.

Reply to
Pete Shew

Prince Charles will be King George VII if he ever gets crowned

Reply to
Phil L

Though generally a supporter, I agree she looked very dour/ disinterested, even to the point of wondering if there was a hint of dementia about her demeanour ! Having a non-political national focus for things like the services, police, judiciary, along with other organisations, I've always felt was a good thing and worth the hereditary price tag. I get the impression, there's no chance of retirement.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

No chance of retirement at all, it is till death, abdication is the only way out but that is usually taken in the early days when they find out they cant hack it. Then again we could always chop of heads but that has been tried before with dire consequences. Would I want to be a king with all the wealth, lots of travel, meeting people, always in the public spotlight, being told what to do all the time, bollock's to that, I will stay in my own animosity and enjoy life.

Reply to
Corporal Jones

That was also what I was thinking.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

She was probably a bit traumatised after parachuting in from a helicopter ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

If I was king the first thing I would do would be to change my name by deed poll to Zaphod Beeblebrox.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Funnily enough my wife mentioned the possibility of an early stage organic dementia. My wife incidentally spends her working life assessing and treating mental health / dementia patients!

Personally, I would have thought that if dementia was evident, it would have become very obvious in the discussions that the Queen has with the PM each week and that she would have been urged to make way for Charles.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Poor diddums is you upset ?

Why should the Queen pretend to like things, when she doesn't ?

Unlike all the resfuseniks and whingers on here, whose lives it seems are going to be ruined by the Olympics, her Maj has no choice but to sit through hour after hour of drivel. Not only Olympic Opening Ceremonies but 50 years worth of s**te and boredom. WTF should she smile just to please a dribbler like you ?

It's morons like you who vote for politicians on the strength of how successful they are at faking sincerity.

michael adams

michael adams

Presumably she would then have to send for Nick Clegg to form a government instead

michael adams

michael adams

So we could cut of both your heads - perhaps launching the new Olympic sport of synchronised angle grinding?

Reply to
Robin

Anybody ever heard the word "sheeple"

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Yes, the male ones are called 'heeple'

Reply to
Phil L

Guess that puts you out of the thread.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

That's a bit steeple

Reply to
Phil L

:-)))))))

Reply to
Mr Pounder

On Saturday, July 28, 2012 5:41:24 PM UTC+1, Corporal Jones wrote: =20

Animosity?=20 Well I'd hate to be you.

Anonymity?=20 We'll never know.

ER doesn't have to switch on a Pan-Am smile for the sake of her corporate s= ponsors, so she didn't. Sod 'em, dragging an old lady out to a rough area a= t ungodly times, have they no consideration? She was probably bored out of= her skull and would rather be in bed watching Eastenders and drinking a gl= ass of sherry.

Just like me; except for the Eastenders.

Reply to
Onetap