OT The nextdoor neighbour is moving - paving slabs makes it DIY:-)

I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly laid" on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the ultimate piss take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

But that can be varied in the contract.

Reply to
Bob Eager

But the paving slabs were hardly fixtures and fittings.

They weren't fixed, and they didn't fit.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

LOL!

Sounds like quite a convincing argument really ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Frankly, the new owner would want to put something better in, if at all. Perhaps he/she/it wants a garden.

Reply to
grimly4

Repo? Expect some crashing and banging from next door.

Reply to
grimly4

vbg

Reply to
ARWadsworth

My new neighbours will be a couple with one child AFAIK.

He is a plasterer. He could come in handy-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

If he does rendering, he might even have a cement mixer :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In which case, he probably took one look at the driveway and said "make sure you take that with you!"

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

My new (1 year) neighbough has just complained about

  1. Leaves from my cherry tree in his (new) garage gutter. He has just finished building said garage ... underneath/next to my cheery tree which is 30 years old (no overhanging branches). I volunteered to clean one side of his garage guttering (to try and be a good neighbourgh) - he didn't say "no no" to that. So, he builds a garage under an existing tree and then complains about its leaves! He his 30 years old and I am twice his age. He is physically fit and does much diy so he could do it himself.

1a He had to demolish a perfecty good brick garage to access space to build this new prefab garage beyond it. This exposed one side of my (single-skin) brick garage - which was convienient for him to lean large chunks of concrete against - had to ask him to remove them.

  1. Wants me to trim our 30 year old oak tree as is "blocks his light". The tree is some 40 feet away from his house and almost due north - and not in leaf yet anyway. As as reason he cited the garage he had just demolished as "letting loads of light in". Well it would: it was only (literally) 2 feet from the window.

  1. He ran the downpipe from his new garage guttering through my fence to drain the entire roof-rain load to just behind my garden shed. When I "improved" my fence to stop this flow - he diverted it through another fence into another neighbourh's garden.

  2. He (they) have "gottten" two cats. And now he has dug-up both front and back lawns for car-parking (covered in concrete). So the cats have no natural land. Guess where they are to be found most days.
Reply to
dave

Didn't you write about this as it was happening? If not here, maybe in "another place."

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Back in my childhood days, when new neighbours moved in, they told us that their predecessors had taken with them ... the light fittings. I was too young to enquire precisely what that meant, but it was well before the days people had posh things like chandeliers.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran%proemail.co.uk

Back in my childhood days, when new neighbours moved in, they told us that their predecessors had taken with them ... the light fittings. I was too young to enquire precisely what that meant, but it was well before the days people had posh things like chandeliers.

Certainly, I've heard of them removing light fittings, door handles, bulbs and in one case a couple of doors.

Reply to
brass monkey

I did indeed - but the tree & light developments are new and exciting.

Reply to
dave

Indeed they are. I can't remember off hand if you told us about their diverting the water into the neighbours garden but I do remember you mentioning that you'd stopped them doing it in yours.

Glad to see you are maintaining your sense of humour through this.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

For when you cut your finger? :-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

bulb holders, leaving just a pair of bare wires - seen it

Reply to
charles

When looking for our first house, we looked at one which had a warning notice in the fireplace - "don't turn on the gas"

The previous owners had not only taken every lightswitch and fitting, they had removed an inset gas fire, by cutting through the pipework on the supply side of the gas point, rather than uncoupling it from the point!

Reply to
John Rumm

I cannot find it ATM but there was a case a few years ago where someone did that and either seriously injured or killed someone. ISTR they went to jail.

Reply to
ARWadsworth