OT The next door neighbours have finally moved

At last.

Last night was the first time in 2 years that I have walked down my path in peace and feeling safe. I will get some videos of him on youtube later on in the week

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Bad neighbours are really bad news. I am pleased for you.

Reply to
Rod

In article , ARWadworth writes

That must be a load off.

Is this a prelude to 'FS: CCTV cameras, working but some minor damage from thrown stones'.

I'll look forward to the vids to see what you've been putting up with.

Pass the council placement officer a big box of choccies in case they give you another one from hell.

Reply to
fred

I live in hope. Caught the next-door-but-one's latest hump-buddy dumping a fridge and a washing machine (?!?) at the bottom of the occupants' garden earlier (in an area that can only be described as wasteland* now !)

*the council have already had to come in and clear it once before of all their shi*e - sadly, my immediate next door neighbour does exactly the same !

To do so, they had to move them over 40 feet across unkempt wilderness (formerly "garden") and through where their fence should be - god only knows what happened to the brand new fence they had put in for free 2 years ago, but there's no sign of one now...

Now throw into the mix that to drag it across the "lawn" they had to move it past their entry, from where they could have had it picked up and disposed of *for free* by the council with a single phone call.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I am keeping the cameras. I had visitors on Friday night. A dummies head with a slashed and red painted throat was delivered to my house.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org...

That`s the thing that scares me the most - why put more effort into dumping something than it takes to get it moved properly? I had an emptying session in my house, and what was worth giving away went on freecycle, which is a bit of a pain because of the small number of idiots who don`t turn up, and then get back in touch a week later trying to arrange collection (and get upset when told it`s gone). What wasn`t worth giving away was collected by the council after one phone call and a 2 day wait for them to be back in this area at a time I was in the house.

Compare that to dragging a washing machine to the nearest place to dump it (well, the nearest place I ever see anything dumped is a 3 minute drive away) and it`s obvious which is the easy option. It`d be nice if science ever came up with a way to implant a brain in some of these idiots!

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

----- Original Message ----- From: "fred" Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 1:32 PM Subject: Re: OT The next door neighbours have finally moved

Some of the footage is subject to legal restrictions, the stuff that is not restricted will be youtubed for all to see. The restricted stuff will be made available to certain people. It seems that youtube allow me to make private videos for upto 25 people to view. The restricted stuff will go there and I will invite you to view it. I am uploading at the moment buy it takes a long time.

Send me an email, my address is valid.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Well if you will use "buy it now" in the "extremely bizarre" category on Ebay what do you expect...

Would that be a slash test dummy?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You can probably get the restricted ones on somewhere like freehostia (free web hosting) :-p

Reply to
Colin Wilson

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org...

I am looking into that. Thank you. It still takes ages to load anything anywhere. These are massive Gb files on DVD. I have never tried this before.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

You're lucky if you can get this stuff disposed of for free. Our council has a £20 charge. They don't seem to realise the people who can't afford a car to get the stuff to the dump are the same ones who can't afford £20 to have it collected. Then they wonder why so many fridges and furniture is dumped in back lanes. No excuse if the council does provide a free pick up though.

Reply to
Alang

If they can't afford a car, how do they get the stuff to the back lanes? :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadworth" saying something like:

If they are just fairly ordinary mpeg files you can convert them to mpeg4 and put them in an avi container, saving much space and upload time. I use SUPER for that - quick and easy.

Grimly Curmudgeon

wrote

Hmmm! only "flash" videos allowed on "youtube"thats a lot of conversion. ;-)

Reply to
George

I thought they did the conversion to flash (not that I've uploaded anything myself though).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I thought the same.

But my thoughts on the issue is that even though I am paying them to pick it up, they expect me to carry it out to my "yard" before they will agree to collect.

What they don't seem to understand is that if I have to pay the minimum 40 quid (yes I thought that was too much as well) for the man to help me do this carrying, his van comes along for free, so I no longer need to pay the council anything.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

In article , ARWadworth writes

Thanks Adam, have done.

Reply to
fred

Out the back gate.

And if I were in that position I would do exactly the same. A couple of years ago I had an engine go on me. The car was still taxed and tested but beyond economical repair. I had to pay £30 to get it taken to a scrap yard. If it had been untaxed the council would have removed it for free. If it hadn't been registered I would have dumped it behind all the other abandoned cars around here.

Reply to
Alang

A simpler way would be to put an implant into the appliance and register it to the buyer, from new. He would have the option of letting the implant system be aware of who he sold / gave it away to, or if he didn't, he would face the fine for dumping.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I'd favour that as being a responsible way of dealing with he life of the thing.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher