OT The gf's comments from the weekend

gf "I can't find the ap on my phone to change the TV channel" me "Shall I just use the TV's remote control then? It's next to me on the arm of the sofa" gf "If you must but that's not the correct way to change a TV channel"

Reply to
ARW

I have an IR Blaster app on my phone - and a Roku remote app.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Is she planning to pass on her genes?

Reply to
GB

Watching live television ... how retro :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Eh?

confused, what would you use then, a flying pig? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I can beat that....

One of Ex GF's was out with her mate for the night.

Her mate was telling her that she had bought herself a new Pay As You Go mobile Phone.....

Ex GF said, thats a good idea, instead of getting a bill every month, you just put your money into the phone then........

I had visions of people walking around lop sided due to heavy mobile phones in their pockets......

Reply to
Stephen

Was she dim or just taking the piss? If the former what were you doing with her in the first place?

Reply to
Tim Streater

I was round at a mates one evening (years ago) and their TV wasn't working. His missus said she had found the problem - the leg of the TV stand was on the power cable & stopping the electricity getting through......

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I presume that she knew that because it worked when she moved the cable? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

That suggests logical reasoning :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

I did try that on my daughter recently when she parked her car on top of the extension cable I was using for the hedge cutter - she did hesitate for a moment before suggesting I pulled the other one. Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Sounds a bit like the woman who brought a faulty iron in for repair,it had lots of knots in the lead which she said were because it was getting too hot.

Reply to
F Murtz

Our gardener was flabbergasted when he saw that I left the garden extension lead wound onto its reel and plugged in to the mains. He couldn't understand why it hadn't overheated. The fact that nothing was plugged into it cut no ice whatsoever, and no explanation I could give would satisfy him.

Reply to
Mike Barnes