OT - the evolving English language

I was rather enraged to see in Tesco today that they have packages of vegetables "ideal for stir frys"

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I want to see the "k" removed, and the "x" reinserted, in "sixth".

"Wossname is in sikth place". FFS! Even the BBC are doing it!

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

Oh yeah, and stop saying "ayt" instead of "et" for "ate".

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

And also say "bet", "det", "fet", "get", "het", "Ket", "let", "met", "pet", "ret", "set" and "Tet"? Shirley not!

Reply to
Ian Jackson

And remember, "Mall" rhymes with "Gal Hal Mal Pal Sal" but somehow not with "All Ball Call Fall Gall Hall Pall Tall Wall".

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo