OT The EU again

But if we decide to declare war, militarily, financially, or otherwise, on a former ally, someone should be thinking very carefully about what the other guy might be doing in the meantime. Treaties aren't usually one-sided.

Reply to
Windmill

It was absolutely necessary. I can tell from your spittle-flecked response that you are a loon and a liar, so no need to quote your ranting.

Learn how to post a reply to usenet and behave yourself. As it is you are acting like a spoiled child.

Reply to
Steve Firth

So, like I said, the first and greater part of the ad hominems come from TNP and yourself.

Go and play spaceman with a plastic bag.

Reply to
Java Jive

That's another lie. You started the ad hominem. And your "argument" is that of a snot-faced child in a school playground. "Please Sir! He started it!"

Oh look there's that hypocrisy that characterises each one of your posts.

Reply to
Steve Firth

So that was started by TNP ...

So that was started by you ...

It's a simple statement of fact.

If it was a street fight, it would have weight in law in apportioning blame. If you don't like what you've started, don't start it - it really is that simple!

As I believe I've advised you before: "When you're in a hole, stop digging!"

Your own hypocrisy beggars belief.

Reply to
Java Jive

No, it was started by you. You were the one who started with the ad hominem. TNPs comment was not directed at an individual, yours was. Yours was the first ad hominem in the thread and you were pulled up on it. You don't like that because you suffer from some bizarre delusion / massive chip on your shoulder.

[snip your fatuous hypocritical cant]
Reply to
Steve Firth

How do reach the bizarre conclusion that "they are green fuckwits." was not directed at several individuals collectively?

Ditto.

Reply to
Java Jive

How do you reach the bizarre conclusion that criticism of a group is an attack on you? You do know what ad hominem argument is? Oh, no you don't

You didn't snip, bozo, so "ditto" is clearly another term you don't understand.

Add mathematics, science and engineering to the list of things you don't understand, based on your "green by dogma" outpourings here. Clearly to you belief is of more importance than objective evidence. Emotion clearly trumps analysis for you.

What a shame for you that the thinking greens, few in number, take an entirely different line to greenwash of the sort you have been punting here.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Well, he lays claim to a maths degree, in which case he ought to understand statistics. Of course unless he's been exposed to physics he won't have a clue about science and engineering.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Why should it have to be an attack on me personally?

It was an unwarranted attack using derogatory stereotypes, which if it had based on sex, race, or colour would actually have been illegal. Such attacks are typical of the The Natural Pillock, are thoroughly unhelpful to reasoned debate, and make an absolute mockery of his nym (hence my frequent paraphrasing of it as above):

I think it is reasonable and healthy that every now and then he receives back such unpleasantness as he is in the habit of constantly giving out.

I was using it to refer to your own 'fatuous, hypocritical cant'.

Seeing as I've previously given my qualifications (1st Class Hons BSc Maths & Computing) and former profession (IT Project Manager), and as we can't seem to deduce any recognisable relevant expertise or knowledge in your posts, what are YOUR qualifications, and what is YOUR day job?

As so often with such remarks, they reveal more about the limitations of thinking of the person making them than the person so described. What you don't realise is that by assuming such characteristics of others, you reveal that you are aware that they are your own.

Give an example, if you can, of my so-called 'greenwash' - if it was found to be wrong, and I haven't said so, I'd be keen to put the record straight; if it was found to be correct, I'd be keen to clarify it.

Reply to
Java Jive

Hmmm, I don't see any physics training there.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Or electrical engineering.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Quite.

Reply to
Bob Eager

No point in waving a willy when it's a very small one.

And since there's no way of verifying what anyone says on Usenet, there's absolutely no point in waving willies at all.

Reply to
Huge

Reply to
Java Jive

I see you've given up on that one then.

But you don't give either, so we needn't believe you.

Reply to
Java Jive

In message , Tim Streater writes

He's a 'kin softie

what do you expect?

"I can simulate that on my computer ..." babble

Reply to
geoff

I see that your years at University were wasted. Begging the question as well as ad hominem.

Again with the "we" already. You and the voices in your head must be having a great day.

How many years have you spent not learning how Usenet works and failing to understand the weakness of proof by assertion? I have grand children who can argue more cogently than you, although most mothers would expect a child of five to know arse from elbow, so they aren't necessarily exceptional.

Reply to
Steve Firth

"You seem to have forgotten that the title of this thread is: "OT The EU again". We are still waiting for you to actually contribute a single, useful, illuminating remark on that subject."

The world is still wait>

Reply to
Java Jive

Java Jive wrote: [stupid quoting fixed, again]

You seem to imagine that you have been elected thread master and be labouring under the illusion that your opinion counts for something.

Here's a clue bozo, what does "OT" stand for?

Berating someone for being off topic inane off topic thread is mildly amusing; at least as a demonstration of the fact that you're one of those bizarre control freaks.

You seem to be suffering from over use of quotation marks.

The world is doing no such thing. I doubt that even you are doing so. Although the prospect of making you hold your breath for a day or two is entertaining.

Reply to
Steve Firth