OT The best things in life are free

When are you coming back as a sophisticated southerner?

like wot you are fatso

still at least pounder can get on a bike

he didnt marry one

Reply to
Judith in England

I was meaning the chippie south of the river. And what is wrong with south of the river. I loved East Dulwich

Reply to
ARW

I was meaning the chippie south of the river. And what is wrong with south of the river. I loved East Dulwich

Reply to
ARW

I was meaning the chippie south of the river. And what is wrong with south of the river. I loved East Dulwich

Reply to
ARW

I would not bother to pay it even if they rejected my appeal.

Reply to
ARW

On 26/01/2014 15:41, Mr Pounder wrote: ...

I lived about that far from Hackney when I lived in London, but I couldn't have told you even the vaguely right direction to head. To me, London was a collection of small areas I knew quite well on foot, connected by the Underground or, if they were really close, by bus. The relationship of one area to another was irrelevant.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Quite likely! I happen to be a shareholder in Adnams, so I know the place (Hic). The Lord Nelson is the place to go, just down the road, and there is a wonderful Museum in the Seamans' Mission next door. The Harbour Inn out at the harbour (!) can be ok for food, but to me, thinks too much of itself. If you find rails to listen to in Southwold, then you need to join the SR Trust:

Once upon a time, one of the Hotels behind Adnams (The Swan?) had beer that came right through the wall direct from the Brewery.

Reply to
Davey

Skipping over the fact that Pounder is a troll, that's how I was the first few years I lived in London.

Reply to
Huge

Sorry, my mistake.

Nothing at all. I've lived both sides. But there are differences, and lots of foreigners hate going South as there are so few underground lines - and so few Starbucks :)

Reply to
Robin

A good reason to go and visit, then.

Reply to
Davey

South has an extensive overground network - a far more pleasant way of travelling than underground.

Is Starbucks any different from the thousands of other coffee shops?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Moving to the Midlands, I really miss rock salmon. No one's ever heard of it :(

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Sure you're not confusing them with yam yams ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Not quite so pleasant late at night though

Reply to
stuart noble

Monkfish now I think

Reply to
stuart noble

Can't say I've noticed a difference. Not that I often use PT late at night these days.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thought it was a generic term for any fish that wasn't wasn't cod. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Shssssssshhhhh! Please don't tell everyone. I've always worked on the basis the price'll be lower so long as they don't know about it North of Watford :)

Reply to
Robin

Or Monkfish tails in place of scampi?

Reply to
Robin

I concur with that entirely. Been here so long I had almost forgotten it existed. On the other hand, there's a huge difference in the size of a portion of chips.....

Reply to
GMM