OT The best things in life are free

I only found out after I had driven through the zone by mistake.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Of the many things you could say about CC zone signage, "subtle" and "hidden" is not high on the list.

Reply to
Adrian

You mean you don't exist?

Reply to
Tim Streater

I'm in my fourth reincarnation.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

It depends where you go, I've had good fish and chips here, as well as good pints. I've also had truly awful fish suppers and beer, just as bad as some of the worst in Yorkshire and Lancashire.

And on the borders of Clapham:-

Sadly, Young's are no longer in Wandsworth.

Reply to
John Williamson

*Which* Southern accent? There are many of them.

I've also heard the Brummie accent called the worst in the world, with about as much justification, and with the same generality.

Reply to
John Williamson

The zone hadn't existed the previous time I had driven that route through London. By the time I remembered it, it was too late to find an alternative and still get where I was going on time.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I'd love to say I don't know how to pay my income tax - and get away without paying.

But you managed to miss the congestion charge signs?

Only in reply to stupid posts.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

When are you coming back as a sophisticated southerner?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So if you drive through it then you need to phone up and pay. If you pay they don't issue a ticket.

Reply to
dennis

In article , ARW scribeth thus

There was a pub down in Fulham I used to go to years ago, the barman there was amazing you could give him an order to around 15 drinks he'd remember the lot and could tell you the price the moment you'd finished giving him the order no one caught him out;!...

And the beer was superb, Fullers London pride ..

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Davey scribeth thus

Could tell you a tale of some ale consumed right across the road from the Adnams Southwold brewery and the prat consuming was daft enough to go swimming afterwards;!..

Mind you some of us were listening to the trains with an ear to the rails for a silly bet after some pints of Theakstons old Peculier but this was many many years ago now;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

I missed one out near Willesden some while ago, just needed to turn around so swung of into this side road, drove to the next possible place to turn around so in and out of the CZ within less than 30 seconds didn't even see the sign, bloody great Van in the way .. appealed but no joy;(...

Reply to
tony sayer

Awww .. it's neat!, hope theres another series of Peaky Blinders before long, liked that characters in that:)...

Reply to
tony sayer

Tried the the tour of the Fuller's brewery in Chiswick? The brewery is nothing special but the tastings at the end can be very good value (so long as you are not driving of course).

Reply to
Robin

I paid online.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

In article , Robin scribeth thus

Noted .. on the liste;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

I drove through it and nothing happened....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Don't be silly.

Thus you admit to replying to what you consider to be stupid people. Why do you do this stupid thing?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I have control over my reincarnations. The words "sophisticated" and "southerner" do not compute.

Reply to
Mr Pounder