OT; Tesco rip off

I'm partial to those RockStar energy drinks - sort of Red Bull meets fruit juice. Widely available in every corner shop for 99p. In fact, the can has 99p printed all around the top.

Couple of weeks ago, saw them in Tesco, without the 99p printing, at £1:39! That's 40% over the going rate!

What a surprise, today in Tesco they are on offer at £1, "save 39p".

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Many of the main supermarkets seem to be offering branded coffee at a special price of £4 (200mg) which the pound shops and down market freezer food stores have been selling for between £2.25 and £2.50 for the past year (and are still doing so).

Reply to
alan

Bloody hell, that IS expensive! :-)

Reply to
Chris Hogg

It appears to be the going rate for the cans without the 99p price printed on them. This is just one example I quickly found:

Asda also list them at £1.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

A fair price for sugary junk. Nobody is making you buy it.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The can shown on the Amazon page has "double size" on the side (and is

500 ml). Are those with 99P printed on them only 250ml?
Reply to
Old Codger

Think I'd rather be ripped of for 39p by Tesco than 1.25 to 1.50 in the pound shop. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

my current local (aldi look-alike) shop is selling Nescafe Gold Blend at Euro 6.99, and that's this week's special offer

I buy Tesco/Sainsbury's own brand freeze dried for 2.95 and bring it with me each time I fly here (I actually do that in spite of the price because I don't like the taste of the local blends)

tim

Reply to
tim......

Think I'd rather be ripped of for 39p by Tesco than 1.25 to 1.50 in the pound shop. B-)

-------------------------------------- I didn't get that either

tim

Reply to
tim......

Ah but it's suggary junk with "wings"

Reply to
tim......

I don't doubt it, but you've missed my point. Read what I quoted from Alan _very_carefully_ :-)

Reply to
Chris Hogg

is that why you are so fat you can't ride a bike

Reply to
Judith

LOL.....

you can turn that ^ advertising shit off you know

-
Reply to
Mark

It would seem not, from this page, which sells 500ml cans 'marked 99p' at £11.88 for 12 and has yet another price for some 500ml cans at £12.99 for 12:

I suspect the double size is a comparison to other brands, although I don't drink them myself, so cannot say for certain.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I was just in Asda and I saw the usual checkout guy from my local Tesco Express doing his weekly shop!

Reply to
Basil Jet

Nope, 500ml.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'm too intelligent to want to ride a bike...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Said the Astraweb forger.

Reply to
Judith

Perhaps you should read this:

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

On 01/12/2013 21:16, Judith wrote: I'm too intelligent to want to ride a bike...

to fat to ride more like thats why you stuff youre fat face with energy drinks

dont matter too much you will be dead soon with a heart attack