OT. Ten percent.

If you think *that's* gonna happen, buy commodities.

Reply to
Tim Streater

If you want the Libs (who *love* the Euro) or Labour (who spent like there was no tomorrow) to get in next time then feel free to vote UKIP.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Given a little time, that's what they will be.

Reply to
Tim Streater

The LibLabCons are indistinguishable these days.

Reply to
Huge

Yeah, but everything else he said was right.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Not voting for any of them. Hopefully there are enough people like me to actually cause a change. If not, we'll get lumbered with a majority government of one stripe or another - IMHO the worst possible outcome.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

You mean, like the copper central heating pipes ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

account?

That was a pure class post. Well done mate.

It makes up for the fact that I now have to face the woman who I posted a birthday card to last night/this morrning on the way home from the pub and I put the wrong name on the card before shoving it through the letter box.

Reply to
ARW

They can have ten percent of my overdraft whenever they like :)

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

There was an advert for sovereigns on the telly today, I wonder if that was a coincidence.

Reply to
Onetap

Not in the UK

Some of us have been hoarding it for quite a while for a time like this :)

A 1.5 inch cube of gold is around 30k's worth so quite portable. I was carrying that much as cash a few weeks back, even as new bundles of fifties and stuffed into a sealed envelope by my bank it was a bit obvious what was in my jacket pocket.

Reply to
The Other Mike

They already have. It's called inflation and quantititititive easing.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In article , Huge writes

Yep. UKIP next time for me. Farage is a loony but entertaining, might as well see if he can live up to his promises.

In the news this morning - govt to "help with the cost of childcare" to the tune of 1200 quid. Why the f*ck should I as a childless taxpayer contribute to that? If people can't afford children, they shouldn't breed.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

It has already. The pound was worth $2 not so long ago (about 2 years IIRC) but is now worth $1.50. And, no doubt as a consequence, the foreign owners of our utilities have increased their prices by around

2/1.5 or 33% over the same period. *They* don't intend to lose out.
Reply to
Windmill

account?

Naah, they'll just take 10% of our overdraft and mortgage payments.

Reply to
Windmill

it was 2007 - we were on holiday there then. I've kept my spare dollars. and of course, Harold Wilson devalued the pound to $2.40

Reply to
charles

You might need one of those young people to push your wheelchair. Over a cliff if you're not careful Toddlers and dogs are just so cute. I like to make a fuss of them but I'm glad some other poor bastard has to look after them

Reply to
stuart noble

So far too easy to loose down the back of the sofa. The problem with gold is that it can also be de-valued by banks if they wis h.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Then they introduced Funding for Lending which gives lenders acces to cheap money so they no longer need to pay decent rates to savers.

IFF I thought everone else was doing the same and sure they wouldn't come back for more, I would agree to a one off 10% levy on our cash savings. I realise, however, that the conditional parts are never going to happen.

Most people of my generation have done vastly better than our parents for little extra effort, just by being born in the right decade. It's time people woke up to that.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

And during the 1980s, the pound dipped down to $1.05. So your point is

*what*, precisely?
Reply to
Tim Streater