OT: Tax implications of electric cars.

Hinkley Point C nuclear power station:

£18 billion and 3200 MW

London Array wind farm:

£1.8 billion and 285.39 MW (630 MW with a 45.3% capacity factor)

(I know you already know this, but for the benefit of anyone else reading)

Assett schmasset! What's the 5 year return??

Energy markets were 'liberalised' for the stock markets to have something else to [make volatile &] bet on.

The person in the Hoxton Uber has no idea just how important electricity is.

Reply to
David Paste

David Paste

Yeah, it's not bad! I like the "Roadkill" show, but they are all pretty watchable for a bit of mindless car stuff!

Reply to
David Paste

I don't see your point. By your figures Hinkley will cost £5.6m per MW, while the LA cost £6.2m per MW. On the face of it, Hinkley is ~10% cheaper, and likely to last longer than any wind-generator in the LA.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

When you look at te proper lifetime costs, Hinkley provides leccy at about half the price of wind + gas (needed for backup)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It doesn't really matter as when the recession bites we won't need as much power. We have another couple of decades to worry about it now.

Reply to
dennis

I love a witless optimist.

Reply to
Capitol

I am simply lost for words at e stunning non sequitir...

Dense, I think you should leave the UK. Now.

You obviously hate it so much.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I *hate* witless optimists (well, the ones that make up the bulk of the Green Party membership). :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

(This is a reply to Chriss Hogg although it's tagged on to TNP's post because I can't see CH's post otherwise!)

My point was that people moan about nuclear being expensive, but it isn't as expensive as some other sources. It's also reliable! I was being facetious and it bit me on the arse ;)

Reply to
David Paste

Not even possible now that free movement of EU citizens is gone.

Reply to
Jack Samuel

Have the figures been reviewed in the light of the change in value of the pound? Has EDF decided to continue with the project?

Reply to
polygonum

Its all up for grabs 'allegedly' whilst bluff and counter bluff go hand in hand.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher