OT - tax disc holder

My last road fund licence disc expired on 30th September, so there was no point in my keeping the tax disc holder in the windscreen after that. However, although they are no longer required, I see more cars with tax discs on than without. OOI, are there any here who have removed the tax disk holder from their vehicles, even though the tax has not yet expired?

Reply to
Nightjar

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I haven't.

I'm probably going to keep a bit of paper in there to remind me when I have to renew mine (and insurance as it is the same month).

Might even print a "fake" disc for fun :)

But I intend to keep my last disc as a momento...

Reply to
Tim Watts

"Nightjar

Reply to
Andy Burns

Andy Burns wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I took my tax disc holder out of my car, as I didn't see the point of having an empty one.

Reply to
Bob H

Presumably shares in Richbrook have plummeted?

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , "Nightjar "@?.?.invalid> writes

No. Not yet, might get around to it if I think about it at the right moment.

Actually one is displaying a current tax disc (expires Jan 15) and the other has an expired tax disc (expired Aug 14) The tax disc for the latter car never made it into the car it seems :-)

Reply to
Chris French

Yea a purple and gold one..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Fri, 03 Oct 2014 17:56:31 +0100, Nightjar My last road fund licence disc expired on 30th September, so there was

Me. Because I could.

Reply to
Bob Eager

My tax disc holder has them all stacked behind each other.

I noticed Halfords are still selling tax disc holders...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

On 03/10/2014 17:56, "Nightjar

Reply to
Tim w

I applied for the tax disk for Hil's mobility cart (required because it is capable of 8mph) about six months ago. The tax disc came last week, so I bought a tax disk holder for it yesterday, out of mad. I wonder if that was the last one sold?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I'm keeping mine for ever.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

ICBA. Might do it when it comes to renewal and I don't have a bit paper to replace but I wouldn't like to bet on it. Might just leave there because I can. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I should hang on to it because you might need it again once they realise just how easy it will be for any DIY number plate maker to avoid road tax MOT and insurance.

Reply to
bert

Well, they have a stock of them, & customers can't come back & argue that one was defective...

Reply to
Adam Funk

Useful for holding non-sticky pay & display tickets in place?

Reply to
Adam Funk

In much of London at least there's an ever increasing need to display proof of payment of the council tax supplement (usually a round bit of paper labelled "resident's parking permit"). And few people adopt my DIY approach of "whatever tape happens to be at hand" (which I may change now I can retiure the tax disc).

Reply to
Robin