[OT] Street map with house numbers

Is there an online map which shows the house numbers on a street?

I can see that Google maps stores house numbers because if I search using a house number with street name, then Google maps shows where that particular house is. Same for Bing maps.

How can I see an online map showing all house numbers in a street?

Reply to
pamela

pamela wrote ... on Sun, 13 Mar 2016 14:57:58 +0000 ...

Reply to
Tam Nguyen

OpenStreetMap does in some, but not all areas eg:

Jim Chisholm

Surrey County Council show an "interactive Map" which goes down to house numbers. It's possible that outher councils do the same.

Reply to
charles

Yes, I was going to suggest the planing section of the local council's website ... quite a few do.

Reply to
Andy Burns

If you have access:

RJH

Do you have a direct-access URL for that map and/or the Kingston one?

Reply to
dr.s.lartius

If you mean Kingston upon Thames then the LB Sutton map at

will allow you to roam to Kingston and zoom in.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Reply to
dr.s.lartius

Chris in Makati

Just tried that one. It took me one hell of a long way round.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Whatever the Maps app is on my Android v. 2.3.5 Droid X2, it just shows house numbers, once one zooms in close enough, most of the time.

HTH. YMMV. Cheers, -- tlvp

Reply to
tlvp

charles

I found the map I needed on the council web site easily enough. Went went. Thanks.

Reply to
pamela

"went went" = "went well" :-)

Reply to
pamela

Can you see what that app is called?

Reply to
pamela

pamela schrieb am 2016-03-13 um 15:57:

Use OpenStreetMap - e.g. with OSMAnd.

Reply to
Arno Welzel

When I downloaded that I found it doesn't show house numbers for the street I am interested in.

Reply to
pamela

I don't know of any maps, on line or on paper, that do that or claim to do that. It would need someone to survey every street house by house.

Navigation tools based on Google Maps or Open Street Map seem to make a good guess most of the time.

Good printed street maps indicate the house numbers on major streets by showing the numbers at major intersections.

Some streets aren't numbered sensibly, or at all. You just have to know or find someone who does.

Reply to
Whiskers

It's already been done for planning purposes amongst other things.

Reply to
Tim Watts