OT: Street Furniture

Sorry this post if off topic just hoping some one can help with this question. I did try to solve the answer my self via web and news surfing (DIY link) but got no where.

On my route to and from work recently a number of loops have been installed in the road and a green box (which I presume they are connected to) with a tall green pole about the thickness of a drain pipe. Near the top of the pole the shaft narrows almost like there is room for something to go on top. I guess the pole is 8 foot height, so it won't be easy.

I think it to do with speed traps as the police regularly have their vans with cameras. The problem is I can't see any cameras. Is this another form of DS2 trap or just some harmless monitoring kit? I tried all the sped trap info sites but not similar kit shown

Once again sorry about being off topic.

Reply to
Furby

Yes the camera will be appearing shortly.

Reply to
DJC

Some buggers nicked the solar panel off the top! Traffic speed sensors for network flow monitoring.

Reply to
Badger

From the Green colour rather than anything else....

Is it a trunk road? If so this is probably part of the national traffic monitoring network. Mosy of the stuff rolled out so far is bright green versions of the Blue trafficmaster boxes.

Mike

Reply to
mike

Not sure what you mean by trunk road but its a busy single carriage way road. Is there a web site with pictures on of the different monitoring kit on ?

Thanks

Reply to
Furby

Badger