OT spot the deliberate mistake

michael adams

I don't see it, however that page was revised 40 minutes ago

Reply to
ARW

Is the Woodhead in the Peak District?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Sorry it seems they've swapped the pictures around.

Originally they featured the third picture on the top row full size.

The same applies to the fourth picture as well

Unfortunately clicking on the Telegraph link won't do any good either.

Anyway - the point was the squaddies were all in full camouflage gear, not just fatigues but webbing helmets complete with greenery - topped off with hi-viz jackets.

From the seventh picture on the BBC site from a different location it seems they've dispensed with both the camouflage helmets - the fatigues are probably standard wear - and the hi-viz jackets

michael adams

michael adams

Yes

Reply to
ARW

As I said once the link was updated there was no further point.

Without even thinking about it, I found the original picture of the squaddies in full camouflage wearing hi-viz jackets very amusing.

Having to explain a joke rather defeats the object as does rationalising afterwards all the reasons why it's no longer funny. And in any case people differ markedly in their sense of humour.

I suppose some people might find it necessary to wear safety helmets and hi-viz jackets in order to move some flood barriers around. Although all other things being equal, as with plod nowadays, I'd rather not have to rely on such people, not the squaddies themselves but whoever's decision this was, should that ever become necessary.

But then I suppose as with humour, people's attitudes to elfin safety can markedly differ as well.

michael adams

michael adams