OT. speaking of foods of dubious origins...

... I came across this poem the other day that may amuse you.

Haggis

Much to his dad and mum's dismay Horace ate himself one day He didn't stop to say his grace He just sat down and ate his face "We can't have this!" his dad declared "If that lad's ate he should be shared" But even as he spoke they saw Horace eating more and more: First his legs and then his thighs, His arms, his nose, his hair, his eyes "Stop him someone!" Mother cried "Those eyeballs would be better fried!" But all too late for they were gone, And he had started on his dong... "Oh foolish child!" the father mourned "You could have deep-fried those with prawns, Some parsley and some tartar sauce..." But H was on his second course; His liver and his lights and lung, His ears, his neck, his chin, his tongue "To think I raised him from the cot And now he's gone to scoff the lot!" His mother cried what shall we do? What's left won't even make a stew..." And as she wept her son was seen To eat his head his heart his spleen And there he lay, a boy no more Just a stomach on the floor... None the less since it was his They ate it - and that's what haggis is

From: Monty Python's Big Red Book Published by NTC/Contemporary Publishing Publication date: September 1980 ISBN: 0809280477 (out of print)

also, Warner Books Edition, paperback, 1974, Hardcover 1971

Collected by Bert Christensen Toronto, Ontario

Reply to
Tim+

Mmm... haggis.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Tim+ writes

Bok

Reply to
usenet2012

Nah.

There was "The Big Red Book".

And there was "The Brand New Monty Python Papperbok".

Reply to
Bob Eager

That takes me back. Blue, wasn't it?

Reply to