OT: Sorry for being OT but... Need to find cream! - Calm down!

I have respect for the 'usual' posters here and will happily take the question else-where as directed.... But the fact of the matter is I need help finding a product I can only remember as a kid....

Frozen cream!

It used to come in a bag of 'logs' of frozen cream goodness. You could thaw out what you needed.

A damn fine idea/product!

Cant find it anywhere!! Tried Iceland/Tesco/Sainsbury..... the lot! Any ideas very welcome...

Oh, and to (just about) keep it OnT; should I use a knife, or a hacksaw to cut the cream logs.....

:-)

Merry Xmas all...

Martin

Reply to
bunnymjh

hammer, definintely.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Circular saw, and glue the end of the log back on with PVA. They'll never notice the difference.

Reply to
Ian White

Don't be silly. That technique only works if you cut along the grain of the cream, not across the grain.

Router and a straight edge.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

I'd have said a pipe cutter - certainly not a hacksaw, or there'd be milk all over the floor.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

A hot wire would be the best (Conect either end up to a sutable power source to provide the heat)

Reply to
Sparks

In article , bunnymjh writes

Definitely on-T, pour cream into ice-cube trays, freeze, DIY magic :-)

Can you freeze cream though or does it deconstitute (delaminate :-), might need to be UHT.

Reply to
fred

It's probably banned by the EU now, along with real creosote.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Only works if your log is nice and round. I would suggest this is perhaps the one task you *could* do with a B&D scoripian saw!

Reply to
John Rumm

I remember the stuff, but I don't know where you can buy it.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Separate is the word.

Whipped cream freezes quite well.

I think homogenization rather than UHT is what is required.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Forget that. I was thinking of freezing milk.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Sounds like a great idea! Email your local dairy council/ promotion board and ask them?

Found a waitrose page telling what cream can be frozen and how...

google returned this from deliaonline: ... On the odd (and rare) occasions when I go to the UK I bring back frozen fresh cream that I buy in Waitrose in the form of frozen "pellets" - I haven't seen it ... ; but the page doesn't exist anymore.

Reply to
Suz

No I meant one of those ones with a ratchet (that should be) used for cutting plastic pipe....

Having said that, the Scorpion would probably work by melting through it.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm sure I got some last year (at Chrismastime) from Tesco. Have you asked at customer services?

Neither - you can never have too much cream so don't cut 'em at all.

Reply to
Geoffrey

No doubt we ought to get drivel to try it... it is a cheap and nasty power tool, so I am sure he would cream himself over it!

Reply to
John Rumm

Log splitting maul is what you want.

Henry

Reply to
Henry

I also remember frozen pork pies in a bag. Took an age to defrost though. Not seen them for years. Only fresh ones now.

David Hearn

This is one of those jobs where I'd be tempted to use eggsplosives.

NT

Reply to
meow2222