OT: Solar power garden light

Hi, It's a bit off topic but I thought I'd ask here 'cos I'll put the lights in the ground myself :-) Anyway, are these lights much good and how do you stop them, with DIY tactics, getting nicked ?
Thanks, Keith
They glow dimly in the dark

They are not worth nicking.
--
Alan
Okey dokey, I got the message :-) Don't think I'll bother. I can glow dimly enough on my own.

My next door neighbour has them at the front. I only know this becuase I have seen them in daylight. At night they are so dim that they look like the street light is reflecting off something. Don't know if all brands are that bad but in this case all they do is hint where the path goes rather than actually illuminating it.
W.
Hello Keith

Not really. I suppose it's what you expect of them and you may be alright, provided you don't expect anything more than a few spots of light that don't actually illuminate anything; and are prepared to replace them after a year or two when the batteries go.

Putting them in the shed at night? :)
Short of concreting them in (self-defeating, if you're going to do that use proper LV lighting and have the benefit of being able to actually spot the bloody things at night) or possibly chaining them to something immovable, I think you're onto a loser.
Most I've looked at have pathetic output and use really cheap batteries. On a continual charge/drain cycle these batteries fail very quickly.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK