OT - snails

I don't usually post off topic, but here we are. I found a bush in my garden yesterday, like an everygreen but with fairly flag foliage. And a friend who had come round said "have you seen these snails ?". The bush had hundreds of snails crawling all over the outside of it, from fully grown ones to tiny baby snails. I had never seen such a thing. It looked like the portal for all the snails in the world. Must have been the combination of weather (nearly about to rain) and the surface of this bush that they could slither on. You could even hear the snails eating (the bush ?), there were so many. Anyone know what was going on ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

We've got a variegated euonymus which is a snail magnet. Maybe it's the same bush. I don't know what happened this winter - I don't remember it being particularly mild, but this year must be the Chinese year of the slug and the snail. Next year I'm getting those nemotode worms..........

Alistair

Reply to
Ali Mac

Have you actually bothered to *try* the gardening group, who will identify your bush, and your snails, and give advice on what was going on? If not, why not?

I've plenty of snails, too. They're having a smashing time.

FUs set.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

No idea, but I solve my snail and slug problems by scattering broken egg shell around the vulnerable plants. It's like walking on glass for the snails / slugs and they won't go near! They seem to be rather partial to foxgloves this year.

Reply to
F1LBY

There's a lot of comment and advice on this matter on uk.rec.gardening at the moment.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Yawn.

Self appointed moderator/net nanny steps in once more.

Perhaps folks here uk.d-i-y might not want to subscribe to uk.rec.gardening to follow the thread. (me for one)

If you're not interested don't read it, but you have NO right to censor anything in this group and have no say in what folks can and can-not post. Leave that to the majority who will voice their disapproval as and when required without intervention from a someone who thinks he can speak on behalf of the masses.

HTH Pete

Reply to
PeTe33

Just killfile him; I have. I only see his little ravings when people quote them...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Not at all. Are you a complete 'kin idiot, 'cos you look like one from your post - that was "constructive advice".

Perhaps it would have been better off started there.

I'm not censoring anything. You really *are* a fool, aren't you?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

"Ali Mac" wrote in news:wdSlg.33431$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe7-win.ntli.net:

Are they any kin to canetoads.... ?

mike

Reply to
mike

But not, apparently, as big a fool as yourself. YOU are not an arbiter of where people can and cannot post

Reply to
The Invalid

Gone. :¬)

First one in the file since... Philip Kyle He'll be in good company

Reply to
PeTe33

Reply to
PeTe33

I did not tell him what he could or couldn't post. Your comprehension is awry. Are you an invalid "upstairs"?

Reply to
Chris Bacon