OT......Skype is down since 4.30. am this morning *globally*(apparently?

Makes one wonder if it is the 'IS' terrorists sabataging it.

Reply to
Bod

Ah. Yes I noticed I couldn't log on

Cant see any terrorists shagging it, frankly. Microsoft are fully capable of doing that all by themselves...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Maybe, but I've never known it going down for the whole world.

Reply to
Bod

oddly enough the first site to report it was 'Russia Today'

Seems the database is off line.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Twitter post >>>>>"There?s no sign of a Skype status update yet on the official Skype Support Twitter page"

Very strange.

Reply to
Bod

No its Microsoft who could not run a pissup in a brewery. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

I wondered what that cable was in my back garden... Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Brian-Gaff scribbled

Imagine the mess if the M$ cloud went t*ts up for all the millions of idiot businesses using it.

Reply to
Jonno

Ditto AWS.

Reply to
Huge

I have - rather soon after MS bought it IIRC.

Remember the Hotmail shenanigans when MS bought that?

Reply to
Tim Watts

IIRC, all to do with migrating the service onto MS's toy operating system.

Reply to
Huge

Skype's been down for eight & a half hours so. Must be pretty serious. I can imagine companies than use it for their business tearing their hair out by now :-)

Reply to
Bod

I thought the whole point of Skype was that my PeeCee connected via the internet to my chatee's PeeCee. So this means that Skype operates like POTS, you connect to a Skype exchange which connects to your chatee's Skype exchange which connects to your chatee.

jgh

Reply to
jgh

That's happened...

Reply to
Tim Watts

En el artículo , Jonno escribió:

It does on a regular basis.

Plus loads more.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Huge escribió:

Which went mammaries uppermost in a big way only yesterday. Amazon, Netflix, Tinder and IMBD all offline.

Mike Tomlinson

Not exactly. You need a database that 'knows' where the users are in terms of IP addresses.

Once you know that, then a direct connection is possible, but the skype clients are typically behind a NAT firewall router too, so you have to play some games with direct IP connections.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yesterday, for one.

Reply to