OT: sizes and sources of bed sheets

We have an Ikea bed with a 200x160 mattress but it seems hard to find sheets and duvet covers this size, except at Ikea (and they aren't brilliant quality).

Is there a name for the 200x160 size? Where can I buy good quality sheets and duvet covers?

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

Queen size, just buy king size bedding. You need the correct size duvet, not just the cover. Excess sheet tucks under the mattress, excess duvet hangs down and seals draughts. We use a KS duvet on a double bed.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Thanks. This got me searching and it seems that the situation is not straightforward. Wikipedia

says that Queen can mean several sizes depending on the country/region (aren't standards wonderful!). So, it looks I need Continental Queen size fitted sheets, and duvet covers for a 200x200 duvet - any good suppliers?

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

We have two beds similar -ish size also from Ikea. Mattress I bought in Geneva in 1980 (hmmm, 30 years old now) good solid foam orthopaedic none of this sprung rubbish. Sheets are the stretch type equals no ironing.

Not planning a trip to the Continong any time soon are you?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Not with space to bring a pile of bed linen back!

Reply to
NoSpam