OT - shurley shum mishtake?

A brand new tower system for £9.00 plus £2 UK delivery.

Same(ish) price from 3 other sellers,

Shipped from Canada, as well!

Must be my lucky day.

Or not.

Dave R

Reply to
David

Any bets that what turns up *isn't* a mobile phone case?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Item Weight 41 g Product Dimensions 16 x 10 x 7 cm Sold by luluworld (!) Shipping weight 7 Kg

Is it for real? I know I don't get out much these days, especially when it comes to modern hardware, but are they really making towers that small now? Only a little bigger than a mobile phone! But why the big difference between item and shipping weights? Must be a lot of packing.

Still, for only £11 inc. P&P, can you go wrong?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

There is something comprehensively f***ed about that ad.

The picture is of a smartphone.

Reply to
hanja

Yes you can, that is a silly price for a simple mobile phone case like in the picture.

Reply to
hanja

Not a tower as such but you can get computers *smaller* than a mobile phone ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

This is my smallest Linux box:

(you don't have to belong to Facebook to see this)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Aww, that is tiny!

Unfortunately, Apple has you beaten by a long way. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Ah, but that's not Linux.

Reply to
Bob Eager

But we were talking of size, not OS. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Thanks Tim and Bob. I must get out more!

At some time in the next year or so we'll be moving to a smaller property and will have to downsize massively, and a small computer or even a 'stick' in a smart TV would be very useful. Bob, what make and model is it?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I just ordered one.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

I just orderd one, lets see what turns up.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

You did notice that every other item sold by 'luluworld' is a mobile phone case? It just looks like an erroneous entry in Amazon's database.

Reply to
Andy Burns

En el artículo , Andy Burns escribió:

"One of the weaknesses of our age is our apparent inability to distinguish our needs from our greeds" -- Don Robinson

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Me too

We'll see what turns up, and I have a screen grab should there be a discrepancy between the description and what arrives!

Good idea, thanks.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Which legally has no value. The discrepancy is so huge it's clearly a mistake and the seller is under no obligation to supple a tower PC at that price.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

True. But not the whole truth.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It's a hacked Zipit. Probably unavailable now, or hard to come by.

Reply to
Bob Eager