OT: Shoot the moon

An amusing thought landed on me last night while strolling to the pub. How about someone manfacturing solar cells that are actually fake? Like the stone cladding popular during the eighties, they would be great to show the neighbours one kind of upmanship. They could be made light so wouldn't require serious fixings, but who next door would know?

Any other property bling ideas?

Reply to
Adrian C

Fake Sky dish?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Stone cladding, fake or otherwise, was not and never will be "popular".

Helicopter pad (lots of expanded polystyrene and paint).

Shark coming through roof.

Reply to
polygonum

Cardboard skis on the roof rack.

Reply to
ss

Painted on windows?

I almost said fake lawn, but it actually costs a lot more than a real lawn

Reply to
Phil L

In case you thought it was my original idea:

:-)

Reply to
polygonum

You sure you weren't on the way *back* from the pub?

Reply to
Lobster

Theatre-style painted backdrops to hide the chemical works behind your house. Video screens at the windows projecting inwards so you never have to see the neighbours (or daylight). Noise-cancelling speakers so you don't notice you live at the end of the runway. Guttering with built-in sequenced LEDs for Christmas.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Triple 16" ex-naval gun turret installed in back garden so you can shell anyone within 25 miles in any direction. Drop 3 tons of HE on them, once a minute. That should *really* make them sit up and take notice.

Reply to
Tim Streater

:)

Breaking news from a google search. Seems they do make dummy solar panels for astestics.

And from the increasingly stupid eHow site, er...

"Solar panels provide electricity to a home even if the electrical power has been cut off. Fool an intruder who is looking to cut your home's electric power to disable your home's security system prior to invading the premises by placing a fake solar panel in plain sight on your roof. This will make the intruder think you have a battery backup system powered by the panel that will power the security system if necessary. The fake solar panel can be constructed from a few supplies found at a hardware store, using tools common to the house. No wiring is required."

Yeah, right :)

Reply to
Adrian C

Satellite dishes with built-in sequenced LEDs for Christmas.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Stick-on Harrods logo for the wheeliebin

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Very, very difficult to sit up at all AFTER having 3 tones of HE drop on you. Once. Let alone once a minute...

DAMHIKT

Reply to
polygonum

They are making semi-translucent solar panels you can use on a conservatory roof. Just reduces the light level slightly apparently. But they work.

Reply to
harry

Am 21.04.2013 00:03, schrieb Tim Streater:

I really like the idea. The guns of an Iowa-class battleships are so cute little beasts. Shelling with HE without a warning seems a little bit rude. I'd start with kitty-litter filled shells. Then, in their cleanup-attempts you could relieve them with some HE-fragmentation rounds.

Hope, i didn't made too many spelling errors, the language i normally use is German.

Reply to
Matthias Czech

Ah, is it OK if I use German shells, then? Historically they were always more reliable than ours.

Reply to
Tim Streater

If you drop a 16 inch _anything_ on someone at supersonic speed they are unlikely to sit up much. Unless, of course, they are in something armoured.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I recently took my wheelie bin out on a Wednesday night and not on a Thursday night as I was possibly going to be working away for a couple of days. When I left for work on Thursday morning most of my street (and quite a lot of the of the estate) had also taken out their wheelie bins. It was not me that started the rumour in the Kings Head that the bins were to be collected a day early because it was Good Friday - but I do know who did start the rumour:-).

Reply to
ARW

Like that idea to keep the windmills down...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Adrian C put finger to keyboard:

Maybe you could ask these guys to design something:

the-sun-shine-in/

Scion