OT - Selling house, negotiatiating work

To be fair, they are probably just trying it on to get a better price, they almost certainly expect you to say no (I certainly would!).

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

In message , Mingin writes

If it was me, and I was sure of the market around me, (having given them a chance), I would tell them that I was putting it back on the market, and do so! I would also tell them that if they wish to buy it, they could have it for £118,000, but that I wouldnt take it off the market until they can show me an unconditional mortgage offer, and their solicitor can confirm that he has received unconditional mortgage instructions and a local search he/she is happy with.

If I got another offer, I would proceed with it and, if/when the first people were able to satisfy my terms, I would consider the position at the time.

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

Huh, my brother recently sold a lock-up Single garage for that amount.

-
Reply to
Mark

"I'm happy to do that. If you're offering us 120,000-1,100=118,900 then I'm pleased to go ahead with that deal. I'll still offer you the 118,00 if you prefer ..."

Reply to
John Cartmell

In article , Mingin writes

Yes, we had buyers who said a very similar thing after the survey, we told them we had taken that into account when we set the price.

Reply to
David